Author Topic: EA has shut down Maxis.  (Read 5340 times)

Go forget yourself EA

The offshoot of Maxis, The Sim Studio, was only responsible for Sims 3 and onwards (aka the worst Sims games and expansions in the entire franchise).

Nothing like watching a company with quite a large and powerful history shut down, likely due to backroom politics and the financial failure of SimCity because of EA's forgetup which they won't take responsibility for.

God bless, Maxis. Hopefully the devs find new jobs soon.

The offshoot of Maxis, The Sim Studio, was only responsible for Sims 3 and onwards (aka the worst Sims games and expansions in the entire franchise).

Nothing like watching a company with quite a large and powerful history shut down, likely due to backroom politics and the financial failure of SimCity because of EA's forgetup which they won't take responsibility for.

God bless, Maxis. Hopefully the devs find new jobs soon.
Or more simply:
Go forget yourself EA

This is seriously bullstuff. Maxis was the first studio I knew about and with the hype train that was Spore, it was my first "look" into the games industry. To see it shut down is some reeeal bullstuff.

> Buys Maxis
> forgets up Maxis' game
> Shuts down Maxis

comparable to:

> Buys sandwich
> stuffs on sandwich
> Throws away sandwich

I hope EA gets a lot of grief for this.

EA makin it real hard for me to forgive them.

ea should reopen maxis and then shut themselves down

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT MAXIS!!! forget YOU EA AND YOUR stuffTY COMPANY!!!!!!!

I now have the urge to play Sim City 4 until my eyes burn and my muscles are sore.

The only reason I have origin (eww) installed on my pc is for loving titanfall and battlefield.
EA, you just went full handicap. Never go full handicap.

> Buys Maxis
> forgets up Maxis' game
> Shuts down Maxis
They did this to the guys who made the Command & Conquer games (Westwood Studios). Hell, they loving bought a company called "Origin Systems" which was responsible for Wing Commander and Ultima and forced them to close, and now uses their name as the name of their distribution platform. How loving morbid is that?

They did this to the guys who made the Command & Conquer games (Westwood Studios). Hell, they loving bought a company called "Origin Systems" which was responsible for Wing Commander and Ultima and forced them to close, and now uses their name as the name of their distribution platform. How loving morbid is that?
I guess to get rid of competition, they buy it, stuff on it, close it make people "Happy"  that it's closed. What a bunch of bullstuff.

I have the urge to break into their offices and take a massive stuff on the carpet.

The thing I hate most about EA.

I love Need for Speed, which is developed by a number of different EA-owned studios. At least, I did love NFS. What's weird, though, is that NFS's greatest competitor, the Burnout franchise, was also owned by EA, but it was exclusively developed by Criterion games. Both games had a very unique style and rules so they could be separate, distinct titles.

Ever since NFS has been going down and after whatever the forget Burnout Paradise tried to do, EA canned the Burnout franchise and hired Criterion to work on NFS games. The issue is that Criterion don't understand what makes a NFS game distinct from the Burnout games, and so their trials with Hot Pursuit and Most Wanted, the best games in the franchise by my opinion were absolutely disgusting and shared nothing in common with the previous games.

It makes me extremely angry.