Author Topic: EA has shut down Maxis.  (Read 5388 times)

and so their trials with Hot Pursuit and Most Wanted, the best games in the franchise by my opinion were absolutely disgusting and shared nothing in common with the previous games.
Having played both Hot Pursuit 2 and Hot Pursuit 2010 I can safely say that Criterion's version was way more fun.

Having played both Hot Pursuit 2 and Hot Pursuit 2010 I can safely say that Criterion's version was way more fun.
Want to give me your explanation on how? I found it repetitive, the car handling was weak, drifting was just tapping the brake button once or twice and the police pursuits were a HUGE let down. And don't get me started on how awful the NFS series is with online play.

Are you loving serious? if its shut down completely does it mean other company's can purchase the maxis ip or is it gone for good?

OT:
this is a loving joke company's today buy amazing company's and do nothing with them but instead turn them into a catastrophe. You have valve who can't release half life 3, you have crytek who buy free radical design and did forget all with it I mean these devs need to make up their dam minds and do something. If you're going to buy something at least use it instead of doing nothing with it or just sitting their waiting for the company to go defunct, now some of you read the previous sentence where I said valve can't release half life 3 I know you're thinking "But that has nothing to do with buying company's" but even if you have MADE something and you don't do anything its the same concept. Ea where a bunch of money snatching cows anyway and this is where I turn things around this has to be the WORST company of all time, some people have seen me say bad things about Crytek because they won't release a new Timesplitters but EA is just taking the piss here. They are a company who want people to buy a lot of stuff just so the company can make money, it makes me think weather if EA are actually trying to make a game or just make a terrible game that can't do jackstuff.

forget you ea, you just made my week even more worse.

I just went ahead and uninstalled Origin

I wonder, since EA shut down Maxis, what will happen to the copyright and the terms of service of the games licensed by Maxis? Are they still valid or is the software now abandonware?

I wonder, since EA shut down Maxis, what will happen to the copyright and the terms of service of the games licensed by Maxis? Are they still valid or is the software now abandonware?
Not an expert and I'm probably wrong but iirc they have some time on those sorts of things before they expire. They just don't go away outright

Everything is owned by EA. They bought Maxis and all of its properties. They're shutting down the company, but they will continue to hold control of the individual Maxis properties.

man, cus first as a maxis vet, you gotta watch EA come in and basically squelch all your aspirations

and then, as the icing on the cake, they put you out of a job.

that's what makes it so despicable.

Just a reminder about publishers; it's standard practice that if they purchase your studio (instead of just publishing your game), they will want to put in the contract to buy any and all IPs you own, including past, current and future IPs. The point is that they want to hold onto game franchises and continue to sell them, regardless of what happens to the developer.

Is it total bullstuff? Yes. Unfortunately, that's the name of the AAA game.

EA doesn't care about the backlash they're getting from shutting down Maxis, all they want to do is to sell more product and Maxis was getting in the way.

The remakes of past games EA is making now-a-days are pure stuff. I went over to my friend's house a few months ago to try the new Sim City. I could almost puke. It's completely buggy, ugly and the controls are very very weird.

I think its time to mourn with our boxed copies of SimCity 4.

I think its time to mourn with our boxed copies of SimCity 4.
I loved simcity 4's amazing soundtrack. Its one of the best games I've ever played

What is EA even thinking anymore

maxis made this really old game that had musical bugs (as in insects) that would walk on tiles and play something, that stuff was my childhood. idk what its even called anymore
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 04:23:32 PM by hodot »