Author Topic: 24 day bug happening again  (Read 8098 times)

The 24 day bug has happened and now no one can enter shop/woods or Self Delete. I think it also affects his speedkart/build party server, but I haven't checked yet.
If badspot could restart then that would be great, it's getting quite annoying.

I think it also affects his speedkart/build party server, but I haven't checked yet.
It's affecting his SpeedKart server too.

Wait, what? What is this 24 day bug? Why does it affect aot and blockland?

It's a bug that basically happens every 24 days or so and messes up anything involving time I guess? In-depth explanation.

wait a second...

have i seen this thread somewhere else?

or is it just some deja vue bullstuff

The integer for getSimTime overflows. Breaks everything.

Why isn't the simtime value an unsigned int? It could last 49.7103days.

Why isn't the simtime value an unsigned int? It could last 49.7103days.
Because whoever designed it didn't expect the game to run for that long?

Computers now-a-days are much more stable than before. Programmers should take a bit of the furute into account when making base files like an engine.

Computers now-a-days are much more stable than before. Programmers should take a bit of the furute into account when making base files like an engine.

pie crust, the next kalphiter.

Tell that to the guy who designed Java's string handling. If they didn't consider someone would run the game for 24 days they probably didn't consider how technology might have changed 14 years down the line.

Unlocking and bumping this again because it's relevant.
Server needs a restart.

i guess this is where the y2k bug resides