Nightmares and night sweats.

Author Topic: Nightmares and night sweats.  (Read 1383 times)

This topic just crossed my mind because it somehow was brought up. When I was a lot younger I would wake up every night, often by someone waking me up because of me screaming in my sleep. I'd be absolutely soaking in sweat to the point I had to get a towel, change my clothes, blankets, etc, before returning to bed just to relive what I experienced the moment before.

Its been at least 12 years since then, but it still frightens me from time to time.
Sorry, I had to vent a little. I still don't know why the hell it happened.

So like, discuss this sort of stuff.

I once woke up in the middle of the night and had sleep paralysis, which as other people would described it, was loving scary as hell.

I couldn't move or talk, anything below my head, I couldn't feel.

I was hallucinating, seeing shadows in the hallways that I know weren't there.

My heart was beating insanely fast, at first I thought I was having a heart attack.

I was filled with this irrational fear, I knew what was happening, and that I was safe, but I was still stricken with this odd horror, that made me sweat and almost cry.

TL;DR: forget sleep paralysis.

These nights my own sober thoughts are what get's my heart pounding; no nightmares necessary. Hell, even dreams make me question just why?

I once woke up in the middle of the night and had sleep paralysis, which as other people would described it, was loving scary as hell.

My heart was beating insanely fast, at first I thought I was having a heart attack.

I was filled with this irrational fear, I knew what was happening, and that I was safe, but I was still stricken with this odd horror, that made me sweat and almost cry.

Sleep paralysis forgetin sucks.

These nights my own sober thoughts are what get's my heart pounding; no nightmares necessary. Hell, even dreams make me question just why?
mine do at times, a lot of the time it's those thoughts that move on to be nightmares. As a kid I was under a lot of stress due to CPS interference and such. Worrying about what's to come. forget those bastards.
However I'm not sure if that was the main cause.

I dunno if theres a type of sleep paralysis where you don't hallucinate but I've at least experienced something like that. Very spooky

This happens so often to me that I'm not even scared anymore. I just cannot move. Only happens when im super tired in a comfy chair.

I had a nightmare once where I was watching icarly and I realized I was out of chicken tenders ;(

wow so these are the horrors of... a... fox?!

I had a nightmare once where I was watching icarly and I realized I was out of chicken tenders ;(
its ok ill give you some of my gbp so u can have some... i kno..

I dunno if theres a type of sleep paralysis where you don't hallucinate but I've at least experienced something like that. Very spooky
what does this mean!

i had a dream that pewdiepie was making hate videos about other channels so the people's subscribers would go down and he would remain #1 forever.

I don't remember my dreams
or nightmares

I don't remember what I ate for breakfast, much less what I dream.

I think I've had one, maybe two nightmares in the last five years. Couldn't tell you what they were about.

When I do remember my normal dreams however, it's always interesting how inspired they are by recent events in my life.

Last night for example, I woke up in the middle of the night because the wind was really strong, and had pulled my window further open, and rain was getting in.
Went back to sleep, and my dream consisted of me in an alternative bedroom (which was supposed to be mine), but the place had flooded into a swamp, because there were holes in the roof and it had been pouring down really heavily into the room.

I've had very weird dreams and they never seem to be related to anything in real life. Some notable dreams I've had in my life:

- My house was burning down but my family didn't care, so I escaped alone.
- I was in Ancient Egypt and forced to marry a woman who looked odd and constantly complained.
- Someone dressed as the Easter Bunny kept peering in my window at my grandparents' house.
- I had to walk 11 miles to school during a tornado warning, and I saw the tornado.
- My uncle took me storm chasing and I was hospitalized by a waterspout that touched down in a fountain.
- I tried saving my crush from a tribe of South American natives, got a spear thrown into my abdomen.
- My sister was picking up gigantic black widow spiders and I couldn't save her.
- I went to church in a J.C. Penney and bought my crush a Polar Pop from Circle K.
- I woke up (in my dream) to find one of my friends sleeping under my bed.

The black widow one freaked me out so much that I jumped off the couch (I guess I fell asleep there) in a cold sweat and ran face first into a wall.