Author Topic: How do I make a projectile emit a trail right away?  (Read 1499 times)

So right now, the projectile I'm using emits a trail particle every 1 ms. This is probably not a great idea, though reducing the lifetime to 20 ms probably helped a lot (it was 120 before and that was just completely uncalled for).
I would change the ejectionPeriodMS (since the particle+emitter doesn't even really act like a trail, it inherits the velocity of the projectile so that it moves with it), but I've found that the larger ejectionPeriodMS is (i.e. the less often a particle is emitted), the longer it takes for the first particle to spawn from the bullet. Is there some sort of workaround for this? I'd love it if I could have the emitter start working right away so that even point-blank shots would show the effect (because the bullet itself is probably going to wind up being invisible).

First thing you could try is bumping up the arming delay so a point blank shot doesn't explode immediately. If that doesn't work, you could try attaching the emitter or a similar one to the mounted image in the fire state for a split second and fire a particle from the weapon itself along the same path as the projectile.