Reshade/soft shaders complaint

Author Topic: Reshade/soft shaders complaint  (Read 1972 times)

I believe this is where the topic should go, as my complaint is directed to the people who post in gallery.

So we all know what soft shaders and reshade is by now, they make the game look really nice. I'm not complaining about that, I think being able to make the game look better is awesome. However not everyone can run these. This means when screenshots are taken of builds while running these enhanced shaders, it makes the build look 5x better than it actually is. I feel if you're going to take pictures of your build with enhanced shaders, you should at least post a secondary screenshot without the enhancements. There are plenty of builds that are actually different, but with the new shaders, they look amazing, just because of the special effects and what not, causing people to give it a better rating. I'm not saying people shouldn't get good ratings, I'm saying the screenshots are very misleading, and it's rather annoying.

Some of you might say "thats just an art of taking the picture, good camera angles make some builds look very nice." which is half true, getting good angles is a skill, simply clicking a "make this prettier" button, is not.

Again, I love the cool shaders and stuff, but i feel like when making a gallery thread and you're using them, try and include default shader screenshots too.

Don't agree with me, that's fine, but discuss/post pictures with default shaders vs soft shaders/reshade.

I agree. It's fine to post normal pictures, and maybe one or two pictures with effects. People just need to show the build quality, not the effect quality.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 03:25:00 PM by K3k0m@n »

this should be a rule or atleast stickied

if people like your build, all it means is that people like your build. it doesn't give you any kind of advantage anywhere else or... do anything. at all. it's a video game. you're not actually losing anything because someone liked someone else's work more than yours
if it did really matter that yours was less liked than someone else's, then yes it would probably be best to not use them. for example, in a building contest or when applying to a clan. but if you're just making a gallery thread for something you made, it doesn't matter at all

causing people to give it a better rating.
This might be a problem if someone's response to a gallery topic had some kind of effect beyond it, like if you somehow accumulated good ratings from the forum.

Even if it was being critically reviewed for a contest or a clan, I think the judges would be able to see the quality of the build behind the fanciness of the screenshot.

If you show me a fancy screenshot of a crappy house, I can still tell it's a crappy house, even if I'm more favorable toward the screenshot itself than I might be otherwise.

also heres a good example that you dont need shaders for a good screenshot

i came across this screenshot on an old computer i had. i actually don't remember even taking this.

thanks for this op, it was getting so annoying i was about to make this post

Learn to look past shaders.
It's not hard to see the build behind the shading.

shaders pretty much provide a mask for builds to hide behind
but that has sorta become the point of the gallery dof thread

all of my builds hide behind shadows
they have no functionality or gameplay, generally leaning toward simple designs lol