Author Topic: Fake Blockland indieDB page?  (Read 996 times)

I just noticed this when I looked at the indieDB page for rotondo's game. I know this happened before on desura but the same thing also seems to be on indieDB. It has a link to the desura page that has now been taken down, but it seems to be the same guy who put it on desura:

Quote from:  the last thread
I don't think that this is a legitimate thing. The group who made this game is listed as "Badspot" with the only member (who is the leader of said group) being a guy named therayarmystudios, his bio reads "sup guys i'm just a guy who want's to make it's own game i don't add people that i don't know so yeah bye.".

Call it a hunch but I'm fairly certain that isn't Badspot. Either he's doing something more illicit than distributing someone elses content without permission or he just uploaded the demo to Desura or something.
Can we also get this page taken down? It doesn't seem like that big of a deal since there's no downloads, therefore nothing that could be malicious; but it may cause some confusion.

Also I don't know where to post this since it's not directly related to the game so whatever.

Consider it free advertizing.

How bad is the average game on this site if 7.1/10 gets you top 100 out of 25000?

How bad is the average game on this site if 7.1/10 gets you top 100 out of 25000?
yes

It's even worse if you look at the fact that it got there despite having only 22 votes.

did the image just increase in popularity?

did the image just increase in popularity?
It was 113 when I first posted it
It's 53 as of now

It's still 7.1 though. Maybe the rating considers number of recent visitors?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 03:08:19 PM by Headcrab Zombie »

I found the guy that runs Badspot, guys. The mystery is over.

http://www.indiedb.com/members/ray-games

Everyone should report this.