Author Topic: Sneak-Peek: New spawns @ Kong's Deathrace  (Read 4637 times)

Now with 30% more moss cow

! - All images are clickable to access a larger version. - !

So over spring break I worked on a couple of smaller projects, one of which being to develop new spawns for Kong's deathrace server. The spawns are scheduled to be finished this afternoon (Wed, March 18), but I thought I'd just share what the general build looks like here on gallery certainly not because people keep telling me to post my builds to increase interest in the server.

Section One - Building the First Spawn

The above 3 pictures are from the original first spawn that was built in order to be duped around for the 4 teams. Changes between this spawn and the last are fairly straightforward- a 4th vehicle spawn was added to each garage, the shop is now closer to the vehicles, there is now a race light to work in conjunction with the countdown timer, and rather than the garage doors just magically disappearing, a 2nd set of bricks will appear when the doors disappear, to create the illusion of the doors opening like a normal garage would.

Section Two - Preparing the Garages

The above 5 images display what the spawns are going to end up looking like, minus a few key details that need to be added this afternoon. All accent bricks have been colored in to represent their specific team color, lights were addedd, JVS fans (which currently don't work) were placed in the walls to add detail, and the race light was fully evented with sounds and color/color FX changes.

Section Three - Finished Product
There's nothing here yet!

Section Four - Spawn Video

Section Five - Multiplayer Video

SURPRISE ANNOUNCEMENT
The announcement will go out once all 5 sections have been completed.

Criticism welcome, recommendations encouraged, rating -/10 allowed.

The exterior is kind of plain and lacks detail. It looks like you got lazy and just slapped some mod terrain ramps on top of the garage.

The interior is nice but you should have done something more with the ceiling rather than just cover it in bottom prints. It looks really odd how the extruded parts of the walls extend to the ceiling then just stop.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 07:45:54 PM by #Ravencroft »

As Raven said, the interior is nice. The exterior is a tiny bit plain.

If Kong (or you if you're kong or something) wants any really fancy UI soundeffects for, example, the countdown till the race starts, I can supply.

The exterior is kind of plain and lacks detail. It looks like you got lazy and just slapped some mod terrain ramps on top of the garage.

The interior is nice but you should have done something more with the ceiling rather than just cover it in bottom prints. It looks really odd how the extruded parts of the walls extend to the ceiling then just stop.
I'm not gonna lie, you're right about the exterior. I've been mulling over in my head what to do with the buildings, but the shape, overall size, etc... The way everything is built, there's just no good way to go about making it look better. I do think I'll vary the height of the sand around the exterior, but aside from that I don't know yet. The future will answer that question best.

in regards to interior-
On my more recent builds, I've had a habit of making supports on ceilings. I thought about extending those bumped-out wall bits onto the ceiling, but worried it would look... weird. I might give it a try to see how it comes out, but no promises.

As Raven said, the interior is nice. The exterior is a tiny bit plain.

If Kong (or you if you're kong or something) wants any really fancy UI soundeffects for, example, the countdown till the race starts, I can supply.
I'm Adin. Kong has his own account, but never posts. He doesn't typically build, he's more of an eventer and I think he knows a little bit of scripting. I just build stuff for Kong.

Build a mountain that engulfs the spawn.

Build a mountain that engulfs the spawn.
Y'know, I wasn't with the idea when I first read that... But the track could go over the top of the spawns via the mountain, and that could be kinda neat.

Yea, if you have seen me build, it's pretty sucky lol. I love it event on this game way more than building.

It's very nice but the race track is what needed work. :(

It's very nice but the race track is what needed work. :(
What exactly needs work?

What exactly needs work?
it needs to be modified, and new tracks should be made. Keep the general track layout as "classic," and from there... well that's where secrets start. Kong, you and I have already discussed this that secret topic / special event

it needs to be modified, and new tracks should be made. Keep the general track layout as "classic," and from there... well that's where secrets start. Kong, you and I have already discussed this that secret topic / special event
stuff
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 09:39:49 PM by .Kong123. »

Kong deleted his post but hawt has doomed us all by quoting kong
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 09:50:56 PM by AdinX »

Yep. I'm gonna wait to make the topic till you get on this weekend. About the track parts and stuff.
ok