Author Topic: Programs Minimize/Pause Randomly  (Read 1511 times)

I didn't really think this should go in its own thread, but its getting annoying enough that I figured the more people that see it the better.

So when in games, can be anything, Steam games, Minecraft, etc; sometimes it'll just randomly minimise or it will pause the game as if you clicked away. It just started happening fairly recently, I don't have a clue what it could be. Ask away if you need clarification.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 08:27:21 PM by Blockaium »

Mouse. Nothing is being inputted by me to do this.

And you're on a desktop PC, not a laptop? No chance of touching a track-pad or tablet at all?
And have you restarted your computer since the issue started?

are these games that center your mouse on the screen?

And you're on a desktop PC, not a laptop? No chance of touching a track-pad or tablet at all?
And have you restarted your computer since the issue started?
Desktop, I built it months ago, problem started within the last month or two. I have restarted many, many times.
are these games that center your mouse on the screen?
Hm... Maybe. I've been playing a bit of Skylines and I don't recall if it ever did it there. I think it did it in Anno 2070.

This happened to me when I had changed some setting on task manager to be "always on top" or something when I couldn't access it properly. Fullscreen windows would display over it, but whenever you clicked on the location of the task manager it would minimize.
I recognize that your issue is almost certainly not the same, but perhaps there is something that treats itself as the most forward window.

This happened to me when I had changed some setting on task manager to be "always on top" or something when I couldn't access it properly. Fullscreen windows would display over it, but whenever you clicked on the location of the task manager it would minimize.
I recognize that your issue is almost certainly not the same, but perhaps there is something that treats itself as the most forward window.
That certainly sounds possible... I'll take a look into it and report back. Thanks.

Happens to me, ALL THE TIME. I really hope we can all get a fix for this because its really starting to piss me the forget off

Happens to me, ALL THE TIME. I really hope we can all get a fix for this because its really starting to piss me the forget off
Windows 8.1?

Happens here too at random times. No idea what causes it. Interested if a solution comes up.

are these games full screen or windowed

are these games full screen or windowed
The ones that minimize tend to be fullscreen. Minecraft paused by itself while windowed.

I used to have this issue on my old computer. There is a program that interferes with almost anything, so it's like the program is creating an invisible window once a while for some stupid thing it wants to do.