Author Topic: Port Forward, Belkin, what is Private Port/How do I use it  (Read 3468 times)

I managed to hit enter lol oops. But yeah. Straightforward--how am I supposed to use Private Ports to PF and does that make it impossible. I also cannot select both UDP and TCP, there is a dropdown menu that has 'TCP, TCP, UDP' I think maybe cheapo firmware and the original TCP is both?? Possibly?

oh stuff JD I haven't seen you in a long time

I don't know about the private port thing, but I DO know that on my router I have to make a separate entry for each, UDP and TCP.

Your private IP address is just your computer's local IP. (not your modem's internet IP)
As for private port, you would just put the exact same thing as the inbound port for Blockland's case. This feature is only relevant for things where clients would determine which port to connect to, like http connecting on 80, or things like teamspeak where you can type which ip to connect to.

inbound port is what your players will connect to
private port is the port the server is hosted on

without some master server hackery, you want these two numbers to be the same

Oh wow okay thank you all very much. :)

So in private port what number do I input? 2? 45? sorry just want to make absolute sure

Blockland uses port 28000 by default, so try that

okay I used 28000 to 28000 on both entries and now the page isn't loading so I'm going to guess that's not right?

So okay, convinced the issues were just the router itself, I tried this again, and now it's working again so thank you (: the answer was to just 2800-2800, .45, 2800-2800, enter it twice once under UDP once under TCP. It's working now so thank you.