rip in pieces aot boards

Author Topic: rip in pieces aot boards  (Read 12472 times)

only posts were either in the "Aot??????" thread, which in some ways counts as some sort of spam thread (which ironically Jetz was a part of)
I actually derailed that thread deliberately back when it started because at the time, AoT was active enough that every topic on the forum descended into people bickering about in-game drama, and it seemed like the opportunity to have some amusement that broke away from all the tedious drama. I figured it'd die off eventually, but we all know how that went, and I'd take tedious drama back any day if I knew the mess this section would be in today. I'll still post in it whenever something occurs to me since I can't get it out of my Unread Topics listing, but I would have preferred it die out over descending into random spam for several pages at a time.

no fun allowed
I'm not saying don't have fun, I'm saying that if you find bullstuff like this "fun":
johnmaddenjohnmaddenjohnmaddenjohnmadden
fffffffffghjkk
cajdkgotp
maddenjohnmaddenjohnmaddenjoh n
soisoisoisoisoisoisoisoi
brbrbrbrbrbrbrbr
You're a moron and the forums would be better off without you.

you can deny it all you want but you're just a grumpy-doodle trying to hide it ;D

I actually derailed that thread deliberately back when it started because at the time, AoT was active enough that every topic on the forum descended into people bickering about in-game drama, and it seemed like the opportunity to have some amusement that broke away from all the tedious drama.

So your spam/rule-breaking is a-okay but ours isn't

I figured it'd die off eventually, but we all know how that went, and I'd take tedious drama back any day if I knew the mess this section would be in today. I'll still post in it whenever something occurs to me since I can't get it out of my Unread Topics listing, but I would have preferred it die out over descending into random spam for several pages at a time.

I'm not saying don't have fun, I'm saying that if you find bullstuff like this "fun":
-quote-

"You enjoy doing something I don't; you must be a moron"

It's not like we're posting this stuff in the non-aot boards. The board is dead and we want to goof around. Why does it bother you so much? Why do you care?

When a legitimate thread is posted, we don't stuffpost.

also nice job posting the quote out of context
I was making a text-to-speech play on what they were doing at the the time
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 01:49:39 AM by Electrk. »

the edgiest thread here

i for one am pretty happy about the bans and i hope they teach people to calm down a bit
there's a good reason off-topic has a 'no spam topic rule'. that good reason extends here.

if your only way to have fun is by spamming topics, you.. don't really belong anywhere.

also nice job posting the quote out of context
I was making a text-to-speech play on what they were doing at the the time
Context doesn't work as an excuse when the context itself is also stupid. I would have gotten the surrounding quotes too but pulling quotes from a locked topic is tedious.

So your spam/rule-breaking is a-okay but ours isn't
What spam/rule-breaking? It pretty quickly became accepted that the "Aot??????" thread turned into a forum game where you use those three letters as an abbreviation, and all my posts in that thread went along with that. Only one to take issue with was the first one, the "Airports of Thailand" message, which derailed the topic. If you want to argue that a post that derailed a topic that had no merit in the first place, you're welcome to take it up with Badspot. As for the difference between that then and doing something like that now, you've said it yourself, this section is extremely inactive. Back then I posted that because the section was being flooded with people whining about someone being mean to everyone, and a silly thread livened things up a bit. Now, there's nothing left besides the silly threads which have since become much less silly without the something to contrast - it's not a single thread to play a game in, it's everyone, in every thread, babbling off whatever nonsense occurs to them when they read the most recent post, and if that fails they post that goddamn w[hat image] again.

I mean this little known feature: http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?action=unreadreplies
It's useful for tracking discussions you've gotten involved in, though there are a few threads in it that will never go away because they're popular enough to keep going for years.

It's not like we're posting this stuff in the non-aot boards. The board is dead and we want to goof around. Why does it bother you so much? Why do you care?
Because I don't like spam, and I really don't like people who regularly post stuff that has no merit to its existence. I don't mind a bit of silliness every now and then but when it becomes the norm it's just annoying, and I have to sift through all the garbage to find the rare actual discussions about the game. If you have to spam somewhere take it down to the clan discussion, the section that has never had any meaningful discussion and never will.

When a legitimate thread is posted, we don't stuffpost.
Bullstuff. Of course that doesn't excuse the starfishs posting stupid threads that encourage more spam.

I'm surprised I wasn't banned too.

its pretty stupid how people are making an assload of dumbass topics

if anything just keep it to 1 or none

ew this argument is worse than the spam

holy stuff did someone manage to make a serious AOT discussion?

we finally did it

lol no #cookiemonster

Getting serious now.

Its not bright to oppose Jetz