Author Topic: Randomly Generated Weapons - help  (Read 743 times)

A now (currently abandoned) project that i was working on that randomly generates a sword with a color, name, ID, and damage. the only problem with it is that it messes up if it generates a weapon with the same name.

It works.. Kind of..

http://puu.sh/gX3IU/8bca8d40cd.zip

!!!FOR IT TO WORK, YOU NEED TO NOT HAVE IT IN A ZIP FILE. IT HAS TO BE IN A NORMAL FOLDER!!!

it requires Event_AddItem for it to automatically put it into your inventory when it generates. You could just spawn it using a normal brick too if you don't have it.

to use it, you'll have to use /generatesword [number] to generate a weapon. the number will be it's id.

you can inspect a weapon with /i [number]

and to actually put it into the world, you do /bindsword [number]. it should add it to your inventory if it's not full.

generated weapons will be in Server_PGW/Generated Weapons/[number].txt
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 08:42:55 PM by Waru »

Why not have it in a zip?

Can't you just make a file in config/ ?

(currently abandoned)

well un-(currently abandoned) this because I like this :(

I like how there's a heal command that seems to break if there isn't a player, and it sounds like you can cheat from it "Yeah mean I got like 0.1% of health, let me set it back to 100%".

Also, why didn't you just copy the addItem function instead of someone downloading another add-on?

I'm guessing why he is saying to not have it in a zip file is because the engine might think it will be nested, but I'm not sure.

I've made a better add item event than the old one that is like many years old, I'll release the support file here. - Support_ItemInventory.cs
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 11:41:26 PM by Advanced Bot »