Author Topic: Blockland black screen in Windows 7 VirtualBox, previously worked fine  (Read 836 times)

I recently installed VirtualBox on my Macbook Pro, and set up a Windows 7 machine with full 3D acceleration support. For a while, Blockland worked absolutely fine. However, after I ran a diagnostic (which required turning off PagingExecutive via the registry editor, everything became black. The launcher did what it was supposed to, but was simply a window with nothing but black inside. It finished up, but then the launched window was black too. Sometimes the screen showed what it was supposed to, but it was simply a flash before going back to nothing but black.

I've already tried deleting and reinstalling it, but to no avail. I would update the drivers, but its VirtualBox and I don't think I can alter the pre-built one. Regardless, it was working before the diagnostic/DisablePagingExecutive anyway.

I have the feeling this has something to do with temporarily disabling the paging executive. It has already been re-enabled, and everything else works fine, but there just seems to be some sort of issue with Blockland and my graphics.

Any ideas?

I could of course reinstall the virtual machine but it took hours to set it up to the point I had and I'd rather not undo all of that.

why not just DL blockland for mac

why not just DL blockland for mac
I do, as well as on my Linux partition. However, I plan on doing a lot more on my Windows 7 VM around coding, and I think having Blockland right there would be nice, especially since Windows is more native to it. I'd simply like an answer to my question.

In the time it took to begin reinstalling my VM, it has turned black again, with seemingly no cause. So reinstalling the entire VM doesn't appear to work either. I need help.

When I tried using Virtualbox, it was buggy as forget
try using vmware or some other virtual machine