Author Topic: Suddenly Can No Longer Connect to Any of my Online Servers (from Local Network)  (Read 1344 times)

Like the title says I can't connect to any of my servers, which are on the same router in my local network. Everyone else can, but so far trying to connect through my network is not displaying join requests on the console at all even. The ports are forwarded correctly. The servers are each on two different machines. I have tried both reinstalling on both machines, resetting my router, and changing ports around. It worked 100% fine until today, literally out of nowhere. Suggestions?
One machine is running Win8.1 the other is running 7. One is a wireless connection the other is wired.

Trying connecting via IP using localhost:38000

Tried on both machines, both do nothing :[

Did you mean 28000?
I'm going to try that now cause the one server is forwarded @ port 28000

Did you mean 28000?
I'm going to try that now cause the one server is forwarded @ port 28000
Right, try it using the port that the server is running on.

Sorry for triple post; here's what happened:
"Warning: handleSimplePingResponse() - address does not match
   expected 91.227.30.126:28000, got 71.190.45.236:28000

(tried again)

Attempting to connect to localhost:38000
Warning: handleSimplePingResponse() - address does not match
   expected 162.194.222.87:28000, got 86.40.44.53:28000
"
Then, I tried 28000 instead of 38000
Just said Attempting to connect to localhost:28000 three times with nothing after
Could it be my ISP changing my IP address?

On another potential note the server that I am trying to connect to (since I reinstalled clean, then tried (which didn't work), then re-installed the previous add-on folder) has IP Ban. I only have two admins, one's a new player, and one's Jetlok, but I have your IP Ban script Pecon. I highly doubt it's the cause but I've never actually used it (it was just in a worst case type scenario I imagined using it) so is it possible one of those richardheads may have IP banned me from my own server? I don't really know how the IP ban works based off of your add-on so that might be totally impossible to be the cause at that point but I figured I'd point that out also

(also not saying Jetlok is the richardhead lol since that's the only name I named and for the record anyone is only a richardhead in the event that's actually what happened)

Even if you are IP banned, you'll still get some sort of response from the server if you're connecting.

Ok good. I did check for the .txt file and there wasnt one. Still can't connect

I found a temporary half-assed solution: I can join through my local network with 192.168.2x:xxxxx

That makes me wonder what is loving up my connection so suddenly

Update: Suddenly with absolutely no changes to anything I can connect to my servers normally. No idea what changed but whatever I guess thanks for the help.