Author Topic: Black Ops 3 Trailer just released  (Read 11576 times)

The gameplay is supposed to be stuffty. It is a deconstruction of modern shooters. tbf, it was still much better than modern shooters though.
This is a stuffty excuse IMO.


im not gonna use this to invalidate gold's argument butwhat the forget

Hello,

I have owned Blockland for a while now but never posted on the forums. I was directed to this thread by someone who does frequent these forums and I simply had to post because I'm tired of people recommending Spec Ops under the pretense that it is some sort of groundbreaking social commentary. It's not. It's a six-hour slog and you've seen it all before. You just haven't been told you're a horrible person for it yet. That's Spec Ops' only real gimmick, I'm afraid.

If you buy this game, you will either play it and think it's terrible and that you were lied to, or you will enjoy it and think about how wonderful and important its message is before promptly forgetting about it until the next Call of Duty comes out, reminds you that war shooters exist and that you like them, and someone asks you for recommendations of similar games.

If you do happen to remember it a month after you've played it through a grand total of one times and uninstalled it, you probably just have bad taste in video games.

Oh, hey, that was the day before Zombi registered apparently.
Smells like samecigaretteging.

paying 10 bucks to sockpuppet for one post is kinda sad
just like me

Do you really think that someone would purchase two copies of a game and not post on the alt at all for over a year just to whip it out as a last resort to win an internet argument about a bad game in a thread about another bad game?

The gameplay is supposed to be stuffty. It is a deconstruction of modern shooters. tbf, it was still much better than modern shooters though.

YOU DIDN'T LIKE IT EVEN THOUGH IT WAS MAKING FUN OF THE stuffTY MECHANICS.

Okay. We can agree that the mechanics were bad, correct? And whether that was intentional or not, if you are interested in a game's mechanics and you feel that they're an important part of why you enjoy games, it's not too much of a stretch to say that you might have trouble enjoying Spec Ops: The Line, since it has bad mechanics (and we've agreed upon this). And bad level design. And is about 5-6 hours long in total. And all the other aforementioned criticisms. Although since I'm posting in a Call of Duty thread I probably don't have to worry about people who care about good game mechanics.

I also think it's kind of strange that we would assume a game is bad because the developers meant for it to be that way. That seems kind of silly to me. Maybe the game is just bad. Occam's Razor and all that.

As for the plot, I suppose it was just 2deep4me. Cheers.

Do you really think that someone would purchase two copies of a game and not post on the alt at all for over a year just to whip it out as a last resort to win an internet argument about a bad game in a thread about another bad game?
welcome to the blockland forums

Do you really think that someone would purchase two copies of a game and not post on the alt at all for over a year just to whip it out as a last resort to win an internet argument about a bad game in a thread about another bad game?
Yes, clearly. It's not like that's even unusual.

hey wait I don't think black ops is bad

hey everybody shut the forget up about spec ops this is black ops

man i just wish the old-world weapons would at least be available in private games, however unlikely that will be

I just want to play as THE Black Op

This is a stuffty excuse IMO.
I'm not excusing the gameplay, but it's equatable to criticizing a satire for being a satire.


The gameplay isn't even that bad, sure it's generic, but it is competent.  That is the part it is satirizing.

It would be a bad excuse if, say, there was little evidence of it being satirical, but evidence of it being a satire/having satirical elements are rampant in the game, why wouldn't one of the core gameplay elements of shooters, what SOTL is satirizing, be satirized?





yeah, i was wondering why OP was linking to some stuffty clickbait "news" channel but was too lazy to actually find the trailer lol