Author Topic: Blockland Glass Mod Manager [Released!]  (Read 34325 times)

Recommending Pecon.

Also, you might want to set the version number to 1.0.0 if the user leaves it blank. Otherwise you end up with version.txt files that don't contain a version number: http://blocklandglass.com/addon.php?id=30

Added pecon as a Reviewer, except there's nothing for reviewers to do. Yet.

I set the versions to 0.

The server is getting some ridiculous ping (1300ms), so I'm seeing if I can get the networking hardware reset. I'm also looking in to CDN options to deliver content faster and more reliably assuming that it's affordable.

EDIT: looks like Amazon S3 would be $0.03 per GB per month. Right now, the entire site (RTB + Glass add-ons) is 1.1GB.

EDIT2: they also have a free tier. woo.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 07:41:36 AM by Scout31 »

don't know if you've thought of this before but please let us upload and download music

Eh, I agree with RTB on that one. Probably the majority of music available for blockland breaks some sort of copyright law, and I'd rather not have to worry about that. Maybe I could set up a system that links them off-site, however.

edit: entire RTB folder is being moved to amazon
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 08:21:51 AM by Scout31 »

Just registered. Hopefully this website will grow with time.

This needs a self-integrated add-on requirement system to make browsing and installing add-ons easier.

Edit: Does this hash passwords?

That's part of the plan!

So it does it hash passwords?

I responded before seeing your edit. Yes, passwords have been hashed and salted from the beginning. Having required add-ons and dependencies is on my to-do list.

Great work so far. I can help review addons if you want, in my spare time.

Also, we should talk more about BRV and Glass, because there will definitely be overlapping like you said.

I'm going to implement a formal application system on the site either today or tomorrow. If you wouldn't mind waiting, it would be a good testing experience.

If you have any particular things you would like to talk about or bring up, feel free to PM me whenever.

Upstream repositories are now live! Upload the add-on like normal, then on the add-on page, there is now the column "repo". Click on it, and it's pretty straight forward from there.

I'll check it in a minute, but just for reference, what browser are you using?

I'll check it in a minute, but just for reference, what browser are you using?
Waterfox, a firefox derivative. Should be functionally identical.