Blockland Glass Mod Manager [Released!]

Author Topic: Blockland Glass Mod Manager [Released!]  (Read 34232 times)

Why make this file available then?

you can use it for when you need to delete all your addons without waiting for your PC to do it

I've added the role of "moderator", which can approve and delete add-ons. I'll be paying attention to who around the community is both responsible and intelligent enough to carry these tags.

Edit: added Greek2Me.

I don't really care how active these people are, only that they're responsible people who are well-versed in the community.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 08:59:01 PM by Scout31 »

I just made my first add-on approval!

Alright, so a few things:

RTB Add-ons
I'm brainstorming a way to bring in old RTB add-ons to the system. My current thinking is that they all will be imported, but kept in an odd limbo state without ratings, source brown townysis, or comments. However, if a Glass user's BLID matches that of the original author's, they can 'import' the project in to the full-fledged Glass system. Part of the in-game add-on will check RTB addons (I believe they all had a special .txt file?) and will update the old RTB version, bringing them in the loop with the current Support_Updater system. This will expedite adoption of the system, as well as recover the old lost followings from RTB.

In-game Downloader
Thanks to Greek2Me's Support_TCPClient, making the ingame downloader became an even smaller and easier task. For the next month or so, I'm confined to a Linux laptop, but I'll be doing whatever testing I can with Wine. I'll likely be using Jettison also, which essentially means the only thing I have to worry about is making GUI and populating it. I'll likely be pushing the entire project to a github or bitbucket repository soon.

Bargain Bin section
Although I'm trying to make Glass a more open platform than RTB, I'd like to sort out the obviously stuffty add-ons. There will be a 'Bargain Bin' where these Add-ons can be found, and they'll remain separate from the rest. Unlike imported RTB add-ons, they will maintain all Glass features, but they'll just sit in their own category

Moderators and Add-on Reviewers
I'd like to set up this system so that it is self-sustaining and doesn't have a single point of failure. I will appoint Moderators, and Moderators will be able to approve or deny applications to become add-on reviewers. Moderators will be able to approve add-ons with a single 'vote', but add-on reviews will need 4 'votes' to approve an add-on. Only approved add-ons can be found in-game, so this will be a very crucial role in the system.

I am passively looking for moderators. Ideally, these will be people who I either am already familiar with or have shown that they have a credible reputation in the Blockland community. Please don't ask. The Add-on Review position will have a special system in-place for applications.

As always, I'm open to feedback and suggestions. I know my styling is pretty terrible, and I'm especially open to suggestions.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 03:32:18 PM by Scout31 »

Cool idea for the rtb add-ons.

You should fix the add-on's names at the bottom so they go with the rest.

text goes into the background; check your blockland glass .cs files cuz thatz a gr8 example

text goes into the background; check your blockland glass .cs files cuz thatz a gr8 example
Fixed, thanks

File Breakdown
Disabled
 Downloads: N/A

??

RTB Add-ons
I'm brainstorming a way to bring in old RTB add-ons to the system. My current thinking is that they all will be imported, but kept in an odd limbo state without ratings, source brown townysis, or comments

could you add a new addon category?

I purchased and set up blocklandglass.com, it should be live now.

The bargain bin system is now functional, Moderators are able to move files in and out of it.

I purchased and set up blocklandglass.com, it should be live now.

The bargain bin system is now functional, Moderators are able to move files in and out of it.
woot