Blockland Glass Mod Manager [Released!]

Author Topic: Blockland Glass Mod Manager [Released!]  (Read 34399 times)

Should be fixed, sorry about that. File breakdown is now up too, and I've begun making some changes to the upload system to allow people to change file name and headers. Not quite functional yet, but it will be later.

Just so I know, will this have things like chat later implemented, or is this ONLY going to be file hosting.

The "Dangerous Function" message spams my addon page:
http://blockland.jincux.tk/addon.php?id=15

EDIT: I just noticed someone posted "blockland gold" in weapons and its just a blank file:
http://blockland.jincux.tk/addon.php?id=16
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 02:55:20 PM by RTBARCHIVE »

Just so I know, will this have things like chat later implemented, or is this ONLY going to be file hosting.
My initial goal is only file hosting. I very well may extend functionality and include chat, however I don't want to spread my goals too thin by working on too much at once. Additionally, I'm keeping an eye on BRV, however the project hasn't had a commit in over a month. Chat shouldn't be a hard feature to implement.

Right now, my timeline: finish the web-sided file management capabilities. After that, I'll move on to user input, such as comments, rating, and file verification. After that's wrapped up, I'll work on the in-game side of things.

Additionally, I'm keeping an eye on BRV, however the project hasn't had a commit in over a month. Chat shouldn't be a hard feature to implement.

Yeah, when we get a VPS, BRV is planning to have a website hosting addons as well as a client to download them. + A few more features planned.

-snippity snip snip-
Thanks for the feedback, its nice to know that that may come back because steam can be a little bastard at times.

The "Dangerous Function" message spams my addon page:
http://blockland.jincux.tk/addon.php?id=15

Fixed, previously it was displaying the message for each occurrence of the issue, now it's only displaying once. schedule implements eval, so it's picked up.

Yeah, when we get a VPS, BRV is planning to have a website hosting addons as well as a client to download them. + A few more features planned.

I'll continue my work until there is a clearly obvious and superior solution. However, overreaching Blockland projects almost never see completion, so I suggest you don't bite off more than you can chew.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 06:43:23 PM by Scout31 »

Still having issues uploading prints

Why is schedule a function that makes code malicious?

Why is schedule a function that makes code malicious?
It's potentially malicious since it can be used to call eval without a direct reference to it.

More specific code needs to be tagged as malicious, this current security system is the equivalent to the boy who cried wolf running the police department. If clearly not malicious mods are marked as malicious, people are either going to constantly not trust perfectly fine mods, or have false trust in actual malicious mods. Neither of these situations are ideal.

I can't upload files - it only says an error occurred and asks me to try again.

More specific code needs to be tagged as malicious, this current security system is the equivalent to the boy who cried wolf running the police department. If clearly not malicious mods are marked as malicious, people are either going to constantly not trust perfectly fine mods, or have false trust in actual malicious mods. Neither of these situations are ideal.
The system is not intended to work strictly based off the automated review, and won't upon completion. An add-on will take 5 approvals from other Add-on developers or a single moderator's approval to dismiss any existing issues. It's more of "the boy who said he thinks there might be a wolf and waited on the adults to check"

I can't upload files - it only says an error occurred and asks me to try again.
Can you send me a link to the file to check it out?

Still having issues uploading prints
Same as above, can you send me a link?

other Add-on developers
How do you determine who is enough of a developer to be able to vote on this?
Is there an application process? What is the required quality/complexity of add-on you need to have made and who determines whether someone meets this?
If not, how do you prevent people from making alts to vote malicious stuff through?

"the boy who said he thinks there might be a wolf and waited on the adults to check"
Yeah but with extremely common functions being flagged, that boy is going to be telling adults the wolves are everywhere and eventually they'll stop caring
If the majority of add-ons are going to be flagged you might as well just go with an RTB-esque approval system
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 06:20:16 PM by Headcrab Zombie »