Brick Collision Issues

Author Topic: Brick Collision Issues  (Read 9076 times)

So Ive been running into a bit of trouble with collision boxes reacting oddly with the player.
Certain faces dont collide with the player, sometimes you could walk directly through a particular side of the collision like its not there with all the other faces working fine. Other issues include having a slippery top where the player will slide around when on top of the brick.

I'm using Baddy's converter. Is there some kind of thing to do to not have this happen?

So Ive been running into a bit of trouble with collision boxes reacting oddly with the player.
Certain faces dont collide with the player, sometimes you could walk directly through a particular side of the collision like its not there with all the other faces working fine. Other issues include having a slippery top where the player will slide around when on top of the brick.

I'm using Baddy's converter. Is there some kind of thing to do to not have this happen?
You using Blender?
If so send me or siba the file.

You using Blender?
If so send me or siba the file.

Im not. If I was I would use exact measurements.
What I'm doing now is guessing along side a 1x1 brick model. Bootleg I know..

Are collision errors a cause of an uncentered model?

Certain faces dont collide with the player, sometimes you could walk directly through a particular side of the collision like its not there with all the other faces working fine.
Your collision box is sticking out of brick bounds.

gib me .ms3d file and I'll fix it up for you.

gib me .ms3d file and I'll fix it up for you.

I fixed it after some tweaking.

Tried that. Its very specific though..

Also parts of your brick may be sticking outside of the defined dimensions of the brick.

Also parts of your brick may be sticking outside of the defined dimensions of the brick.
The brick model itself doesn't care for that. You might have some FoV display issues sometimes though, but it's really only noticeable on enormous bricks.

The brick model itself doesn't care for that. You might have some FoV display issues sometimes though, but it's really only noticeable on enormous bricks.
I've fixed collision issues by increasing the dimensions at the top of the blb file before, so yeah.