i don't need an adult for m rated games anymore

Author Topic: i don't need an adult for m rated games anymore  (Read 1497 times)

we all wanted to hear this

EDIT: oh its his bday

the ratings arent legit anyways. esrb is just a group of companies that got together to try and force retailers into their own standards to help control the resell of used games. (another relic of loving console gaming that still ruins gaming today...)
but it obviously failed once games started going digital years later.

now they just use it to force games to HAVE a rating or else retailers are bound to refuse to sell it.
ratings are also falsified (gamergate anyone?)
so the scam is, force false meta scores by buying ratings. every game has a rating since no dev can sell their game without one, unless they risk lower sales from being independent.

obviously any game can have a meta score. but the ones that cant/dont have the esrb ratings dont matter anyways. in fact they may have legit scores XD
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 06:26:45 AM by Bisjac »

forget ESRB
my own steam, my own decision

Game ratings have always been dumb, sometimes I can walk in and buy, or sometimes I need an id or my parent. Like why?

Anyway happy birthday

My parents are quite strict on what I play (That's why I only play Lego games and NHL 15), because in England it's 3+, 7+, 12+, 16+ 18+, so it's not like E, E10+, T, M, so I can't get away with some teen games as they are 12+ and 16+, not just generally T. FML.

When I was 15 as had been using Steam for just a year, I was already used to not having age laws. I decided to buy a game on CD finally, for the first damn time. I proceeded to grab a 16+ game and they asked for my ID.
It caught me off guard and I quickly mumbled "Oh but I don't have that of course! haha!" and awkwardly put the game back and booked it out of the store.

I don't recall which game it was, sadly.

Nobody doesn't even follow the esrb either, teenagers and adults would get m rated games and kids would get e, e10, and t games. Like what's the point of having all of these loving letters for ratings if people aren't even going to follow them. Is it really necessary to have a rating in the first place? You can obviously tell if it's appropriate enough just by looking at the front cover alone.
/rant over

I played T games from as early as about seven years old. My parents were extremely strict against M rated games though, and still kind of are. I just so happen to not own any to my name however, since I primarily just play racing simulators (generally rated E).

ratings are also falsified (gamergate anyone?)
EDIT: I just realized what you were going for here. Nevermind, all good.

I don't buy physical games much, but my sister gets me to do it for her when she wants one
i should start charging a tax

op is 17 on april 17th

coincidence?????

I dont need permission to buy SHIAT

Happy bday

Nobody doesn't even follow the esrb either
It would be easier to say "Everyone follows the ESRB."
You can obviously tell if it's appropriate enough just by looking at the front cover

This isn't the cover, but tell me the content of this game based on this art alone.

This isn't the cover, but tell me the content of this game based on this art alone.
looks like an rpg to me