a cheap 3d printer on kickstarter raised 2.2 million

Author Topic: a cheap 3d printer on kickstarter raised 2.2 million  (Read 1439 times)

Same thing goes for an occulus rift, it's not very practical to somebody with not a whole lot of technical knowledge, but it has the ability do to pretty damn cool stuff

Making a 3d printer cheaper and more accessible to the average joe is the greatest way to figure out a practical use for it
Not really. It comes with a manual and everyone can agree that it can do great things if you're interested in it.

I just don't know what I would need out of this. Like, I can print anything, but what do I need thats just plastic? Maybe like hey i can fix the leg of your couch. I don't know.

go talk to taya i am not taya
SIR REMOVE THE OBJECT FROM YOUR ASS

no but really i found the thing i was talking about

i would assume this also applied to buttplugs

If you plan on buying this printer, don't. Buy something that's been out and has good reveiws. Something like a makerfarm prusa i3v will be much better because more of the money that is the cost of the printer will be technically used for better parts. And it is DIY so if it breaks, you will know how to fix it more than if you got the tiko.

good or not, this is pretty darn amazing

I'm glad I'm on a forum where users are so happy to share how they've created and used their own home-made love toys, and give advice on making/using them. :)

I'm glad I'm on a forum where users are so happy to share how they've created and used their own home-made love toys, and give advice on making/using them. :)
The high levels of awkward and autism are real.

Blockland Forums: Fun in every board!

we hold our intellectual property very close to the vest, and a number of these technologies are patent-pending

HAH

HAH

think you missed what they were going for - they're patenting the printer, but it's non - proprietary in terms of the film/plastic used to print

think you missed what they were going for - they're patenting the printer, but it's non - proprietary in terms of the film/plastic used to print
no, I read that part too. the point is that one of their big headlines, the only things a lot of people will pay attention to, is ridiculously (and probably intentionally) misleading

they were very ambiguous about it
saying "<PRODUCT NAME HERE> is non-proprietary" conveys that the product itself is non-proprietary, not that the filament it uses is non-proprietary. Almost everything about the product itself (The product does not include the filament because the filament isn't theirs. The filament is not a part of TIKO) is actually proprietary.

its still one of those molten plastic printers isnt it

people should finally develop a new printer using the clip method instead :(

As someone who owns a Makerbot, this little printer seems to actually have the best design i've seen in a while for extruding type printers.
remove the buttplug its an emergency
I made love toys on it but i find it hilarious that you all think i'd even use it. PLA and ABS are shrapnel makers.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 06:13:01 PM by Tayasaurus »

Happy to see that Jerry Seinfeld is reversing in age and pursuing a technological career.

My school has like 40 3d printers, forget this.