Commemorating the life of Thorfin25

Author Topic: Commemorating the life of Thorfin25  (Read 35975 times)

1994 - 2015
BLID 2199*

*His forum acc has a different key because Thor owned 2 accounts. One was for a friend who never used their key

April 23rd, 2015, late Friday night, the Blockland community lost one of our better community members. Thorfin25 took his life late in the late afternoon of Friday. No information has been released in regards to exactly when or how it happened, but perhaps it's best that way.

The above image is clickable and is all of Thor's stats as a forumer. As you can see, help was his most common board.

Thorfin25 was a well known and respected member of the forum as well as the general online community. He went out of his way to help a lot of people, whether building props and content for various servers, offering his services in coding, computer hardware or just general life advice, Thorfin was always happy to help out.

If you knew Thor and have any stories you'd like to share, are struggling with depression, or just wish to pay your respects to his memory, this is the place to do it. If you do not want to publicly post anything in those regards, I will be on the forum as much as I can these next couple of days for anyone who would like to speak privately. If you have any screenshots of you with thorfin25, or just of Thorfin himself, there is a gallery topic set up for people to compile images and remember all the good times that were shared with him.
The link to the topic can be found - HERE -

I knew Thor for the past 7 years. We first met on Blockland, and with time we eventually got around to playing other games together, ranging from League to Warframe. When one of us was working on a project for Blockland, typically the other would join in as well. Thor and I had shared secrets and stories as we grew, spoke of our best and worst times, and had made limitless plans for what we want to do in the future. We had planned to get an apartment together this next year, to custom build our own gaming rigs, to host massive servers, to try out different hobbies and sports. I still plan to accomplish all of these plans, if not for myself then to honor his memory just a little bit.

The day of the incident, I was texting Thor. It was our usually dork stuff, we were just talking about this LARP community I found and talking about all the weapons and armor we wanted to try and make. It was just a normal day. He had to work so we stopped texting, and I went to go play on Blockland. While on Sweatpants mini empires server, I was informed by another friend of Thor's (who will remain anonymous) that he was gone. At first I didn't understand so I texted Thor assuming that the issue was he wasn't on Steam or Blockland. It was an hour later when the reality of what happened finally sank in.

Thor was the closest thing I had to a best friend. He taught me how to build, how to event, has given me life advice on so many different topics, and has always had a smile on his face whenever we skyped or snapchat each other. Now his steam icon is dark grey, his skype is quiet, and his texts don't get read.

This guy is my BF.

This guy is me.

RIP buddy
You are already missed

« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 07:04:29 PM by AdinX »

RIP Thorfin.

80% of the projects I've worked on, Thorfin was always wanting to help and be apart of them. I was always interested in seeing what he could produce, most of the time surprising me with some incredible builds which looked great in our projects.

I have seen Thorfin's Facebook, which has his family and friends posting their mourning messages, AdinX and I have decided not to post his Facebook on the forums,.

One of my favourite small builds by Thorfin :)

Rest in peace buddy.

so many young people taking their lives these days. it's so easy and quick to do these days, no one ever thinks if it would be easier to just live a bit longer.

you don't realize how integral people are to your lives until you lose them.

what the forget, 2015?

I might not deal with discourse like most people, but I still find this to be pretty stuffty to have happened.

WHAT :(

I am absolutely shocked. rip Thorfin, you were a really cool and helpful guy.

I never got to know him, but I always thought he was cool, making amazing builds and such I would look up to. I liked his view in drama topics as well. It hurts to see this.
Rest in peace, Thor. :(

Thorfin25 was a friend of mine as well, he helped me out with my dogfight server and other smaller servers that I hosted a long time ago. Its extremely shocking that he did what he did and it's really to bad. He helped out tons of people in the help section which I thought was very noble of him. I will miss him as a community member and will always respect him for his constant positive help towards newer players and towards his friends. Goodbye Thorfin, you will be missed.

I am absolutely shocked. rip Thorfin, you were a really cool and helpful guy.
Always asking to help, never wanted anything in return except friendship and good times.

god loving damn it

there's so much death

(relevant song)

77x5ghost2's Self Delete chance is at 40% (that's 2damnhigh4u) right now (not going any higher for now)

i have lots of suicidal thinking
stuff brother
(the Self Delete chance goes up by 5% everytime someone i know dies)

also if i'm not online for 30 days it means that i'm really ded
2015 MIGHT be the end for me (not sure at all lol)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 05:03:15 PM by 77x5ghost2 »

(relevant song)
The only song that plays

We don't need another topic. If you need to talk, message someone. I've broken down into tears three times since Friday. There's so much more to life than this.

this topic made me sad

i never knew him a whole lot except for this:

i will miss you Thorfin :(
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 05:15:13 PM by Hawt »

Damn. I wasn't friends with him but I remember interacting with him in game several times. Sad to hear.

This is just very, very sad. He made a script for me and was a very good guy.