Concerns regarding bad/passworded servers at the top of the server list

Author Topic: Concerns regarding bad/passworded servers at the top of the server list  (Read 2099 times)

I've been having a concern where many servers that look bad from the server name and/or are passworded are at the top of the server list in terms of player count. I want to go ahead and say that it is possible that these users are multiclienting to get these servers to the top of the list, and then nobody would be able to join and bust them because they can't join. I would also like to mention the fact that it is possible that the servers are getting a lot of unique players and the host isn't doing anything bad, but this just seems suspicious.
/discuss

why does your playercount say FULL instead of say 24/24?
I have a feeling some of them are just ones that are like 2/2 that their friend joined or something

idk man fjdsaklfjdlsa sounds like a great server to me

why does your playercount say FULL instead of say 24/24?
I have a feeling some of them are just ones that are like 2/2 that their friend joined or something
I'm using the GUI+ add-on by Visolator.

I'm not even trying to put my server at the top of the list.  I just have it up there for when I test my add-ons.
I could give a stuff less about the name or if it's at the top for you just because you're using an add-on that does so.

Because for people who aren't using that add-on, my server is very close to the bottom.

I fail to see why this is in any way an "issue."

whats the problem

Don't use a garbage server list addon, problem solved.

So wait, this is an issue with my GUI+ addon?

I want to go ahead and say that it is possible that these users are multiclienting to get these servers to the top of the list, and then nobody would be able to join and bust them because they can't join.
is this complaining about how you can't troll server because they are full

changing the playercount to 'full' when the server's full is loving ridiculous
get rid of that stuff

Fedoraman12's School RP

Some of them are testing servers. For example, Lt Jamer's Console Master Race was a dev server for horse stuff. It's full because the player count was 1, and also the server has a whitelist mod.