Author Topic: Maths Help [New Problem]  (Read 1169 times)

Ok so I really don't know how to go about tackling this:

I know I need to use this identity,

but when I do and substitute, I get (2 tanA tanA)/(1 - tanA^2)=8... Which is probably incorrect, and from where I don't know how to solve the equation...

Solution:

« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 04:02:33 AM by General »

One sec working on solution

Imma let army do this, it's too complicated for me to type and I am too lazy to take pictures.

And lol I just finished a math test on Logarithim like 5 minutes ago and got a 96

This has less to do with logarithms and more to do with the fact that I suck at algebra lel

This has less to do with logarithms and more to do with the fact that I suck at algebra lel

Yeah the logarithms cause nothing special.
I would have posted my solution (and tips) by now but GIMP crashed half way through ugh.

Ok so after taking a break and revisiting it, I realised almost instantly what had to be done...

Step by step:

Thank you for actually trying to help before losing all your progress though

Also i'll use this thread again when I stumble upon another problem, which has a 100% chance of happening, lol

Glad to see you figured it out!

Here's my solution anyway though:

We basically did it the same way, just slightly different ways of thinking about it.

I had the worst time with differentiating and integrating logs when I took Calc I. Probably because it was the spring time and I was getting lazy.
It's funny to look at this stuff now after taking it for 4 semesters and think to myself how easy it is.

I had the worst time with differentiating and integrating logs when I took Calc I. Probably because it was the spring time and I was getting lazy.
It's funny to look at this stuff now after taking it for 4 semesters and think to myself how easy it is.
I'm just generally stuff at it... It's not that it's difficult either, there's just a lot of little rules you must remember and I'm horrible at remembering

Yeah dude when I first started calc I was so overwhelmed by all the theorems and rules I had to remember.

Ok so I really don't know how to go about tackling this:

I know I need to use this identity,

but when I do and substitute, I get (2 tanA tanA)/(1 - tanA^2)=8... Which is probably incorrect, and from where I don't know how to solve the equation...