Author Topic: can we please stop being so loving hostile  (Read 19776 times)

If you weren't so dedicated to be an starfish, then you could probably understand my post.
You are the one who wants someone to spread around another guys phone number

Did you screw up the quotes or something...? Or if you are trying to actually communicate something, please do a better job of it.
If you weren't so dedicated to be an starfish, then you could probably understand my post.

realize that you can exacerbate a situation just as easily as you can respond to it reasonably

case in point

Some (read: most) people have actual important uses for their phones. Getting your phone number changed in the records of, say, your college or workplace, can be an incredible pain in the ass. Changing one's number is more often than not not an option for people.
I never said that phones weren't important.  The second part of this only depends on the organization that keeps the records, it would be pretty easy for me to change my phone number on my student account for the college that I go to.
Either way, I am still not seeing what you are trying to say.
I'm pretty sure I know the internet is a big place.  In which since I realize that, I have friends/family who use it and I can still contact them without having to use my phone all the time for that specific reason.

Is that better?  Or do I need to spell it out for you?

You are the one who wants someone to spread around another guys phone number
Nope, never said that.

I'm not a "dedicated starfish" but I don't understand the post either.

The internet being a very big place has no relevance to changing a phone number.

I'm pretty sure I know the internet is a big place.  In which since I realize that, I have friends/family who use it and I can still contact them without having to use my phone all the time for that specific reason.
Then why do you still have to change your phone number due to the internet being a "big place"?
What are you trying to tell us?

Either way, Taboo is right. Changing a phone number is a total crapshoot, and I'm 100% you wouldn't want to go through that process because some stray post on a forum left you crappy christopher walken impressions on your voicemail.

Is that better?  Or do I need to spell it out for you?
this is what i'm talkin about. you look like a fool right now

just cus it's easy for you in your life, does not mean it is universally easy.

Then why do you still have to change your phone number due to the internet being a "big place"?
What are you trying to tell us?

Either way, Taboo is right. Changing a phone number is a total crapshoot, and I'm 100% you wouldn't want to go through that process because some stray post on a forum left you crappy christopher walken impressions on your voicemail.
I'm not saying that I have to change my phone number because of the internet... ?
what

I never said I would want to go through the process, just only if it's needed.

i mean i would probably change my number if it were a serious enough problem. not that it would likely get there just from being posted on a small lego forum

I never said that phones weren't important.  The second part of this only depends on the organization that keeps the records, it would be pretty easy for me to change my phone number on my student account for the college that I go to.
Good for you. But hey, here's another mind blower for you: There are people in the world who aren't you. This is made pretty clear by my use of the fourth person in my post.

I'm pretty sure I know the internet is a big place.  In which since I realize that, I have friends/family who use it and I can still contact them without having to use my phone all the time for that specific reason.
Is that better?  Or do I need to spell it out for you?
This has nothing to do with the statement that you are apparently trying to apply your grand knowledge of the internet's scale to. A reminder:
So you'd be totally fine with someone spreading your phone number around without you knowing? I sorta doubt that, lol.
Since I apparently have to walk you through it all, the message here is thus: The internet is large. Very large. It is entirely possible, likely even, that your phone number could end up anywhere on it in no time without you knowing.

Good for you. But hey, here's another mind blower for you: There are people in the world who aren't you. This is made pretty clear by my use of the fourth person in my post.
This has nothing to do with the statement that you are apparently trying to apply your grand knowledge of the internet's scale to. A reminder:Since I apparently have to walk you through it all, the message here is thus: The internet is large. Very large. It is entirely possible, likely even, that your phone number could end up anywhere on it in no time without you knowing.
oh my god lol, trying to prove a point with you is like trying to fight a wild fire with wind
whatever, I guess

oh my god lol, trying to prove a point with you is like trying to fight a wild fire with wind
whatever, I guess
Wow, that's a pretty rock solid argument dude. The way you systematically picked apart my points to justify everything you've said has absolutely blown me away.

Oh, yes, I'm being sarcastic, by the way. Just to be sure you get that.

whatever, I guess
You're still a handicap regardless.

nobody wants you around if all you are is a buzzkill.

take your own damn advice then