Author Topic: Help MLD find a new laptop!  (Read 718 times)

With my current laptop overheating so easily and so often, falling to pieces, generally being slow and broken, and falling behind on the requirements of newer video games, i am in need of a new laptop in which i could resume my work and vidya gamin' on

My current laptop's specs

Requirements:
Preferably not Toshiba brand due to bad experiences, unless you can say otherwise
Has to be Windows 8
Has to have a number pad

Preferred price range is $300 - $400

You can't really find a good cheap video gaming laptop, but I do recommend something from ASUS or even Compaq

You can't really find a good cheap video gaming laptop, but I do recommend something from ASUS or even Compaq
Sad, but true

Nevertheless, i've been looking around on Amazon and i have found some laptops that are in the 300s that could possibly replace my current one, but they have some junky Intel graphics card despite everything else being the same or better, so it's been a bit of a hassle just blindly rummaging through laptop after laptop

If you want anything with half decent battery life you're gonna have to settle for something with a lot less computing power.

Games and videos/flash objects are bound to drain the battery faster, and i've managed to put up with batteries that Windows has told me to consider getting a replacement for, so the battery's life span isn't a big deal to me

I've come across this
http://www.kmart.com/hp-pavilion-17-e118dx-17.3inch-notebook-with-amd/p-020V007526169000P?prdNo=3&blockNo=3&blockType=G3

...which is the best laptop i've found, and everything checks out, except that it's memory is 2GB less than my current laptop's and the GPU memory is 1GB less, but it's got a better processor, and a newer version of the AMD Radeon HD graphics card if that means anything

How much do you think that 2GB less memory and 1GB less GPU memory will affect the FPS i get in games?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 07:31:17 AM by Masterlegodude »