Author Topic: Event_Timer  (Read 2924 times)

The only alternate timer event I found barely worked. I think we need a new, improved, non-buggy one.

OnActivate > Self > Timer [600000]

OnTimerEnd > Self > fakekillbrick [ ] [ ] [ ] [5]

Event_Timer would count time in milliseconds. Normal delays only go to 30,000 milliseconds (30 seconds). Don't add a maximum to this!

Your wish is my command

Unfortunately, a maximum is required. 5 minutes should be fine

I can just turn five minutes into ten with relays. Thanks, cake :D

I can just turn five minutes into ten with relays. Thanks, cake :D

or you could use set events enabled and loop the timer

I also made a timer event some time back: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20459676/Event_Timer.zip

This lets you specify delay in milliseconds/seconds/minutes and includes a canceltimer event.  I'm not sure if it's more robust than the one posted but it looks like it has more options.

The canceltimer event is also global, and not tied to a specific brick, for better or worse.

My version also lets you queue up multiple timers on one brick, whereas the other one will cancel the previous timer when a new one is started.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 12:15:44 AM by Nexus »

Spectacular, the registered names don't happen to interfere, do they?

fxdtsbrick -> setTimer/cancelTimer
onTimer -> fxdtsbrick/minigame

Spectacular, the registered names don't happen to interfere, do they?

fxdtsbrick -> setTimer/cancelTimer
onTimer -> fxdtsbrick/minigame
The output event names interfere and the file names interfere.

Nexus' also has Player and Client targets, unlike yours.

Unfortunately, a maximum is required.
...no it isn't?

...no it isn't?
It seems schedules have a time limit, but he could of made a loop if it went over 5 mins.

...no it isn't?
It seems schedules have a time limit, but he could of made a loop if it went over 5 mins.
Pretty sure _cake was talking about the maximum required when you register an event with an integer.

I've made events with 9999999 as a maximum integer.

Pretty sure _cake was talking about the maximum required when you register an event with an integer.
Then use a string and you can make it even better by parsing inputs like "20 sec" or "10 min 30 sec"