Author Topic: Dark X-rane's Grapple Rope Challenge V1 [Closed]  (Read 2423 times)

About The Server
This challenge welcomes new users of Blockland and older users of Blockland. Unlike its predecessor, Dark X-rane's Hang Glider Challenge, this challenge is far more user friendly with a better difficulty curve.  The challenge also features a story line unlike the Hang Glider Challenge with it's only goal was to finish the challenge. In this challenge players must face 19 puzzling levels, or test chambers, that use most of the grappling devices features. Each level features a hint sign if a player is stumped or is new to the grappling device.

Storyline
Your a test subject that has recently been awoken in an unknown abandon lab facility. You have no memory of your past experiences, the only thing you have on you is a grappling device. You quickly find out the you were awoken to test out the grappling device's features for unknown reasons thanks to a sign that you have found. You also discover that the sign seems to offer escape by completing the following test chambers that were created. With the motivation on escaping the facility you now complete each abandon test chamber in the hopes of escaping what was once a successful thriving industry.
(Storyline is still in development and might, or will be completely changed)

Images

Scientist are not present in the final product.

Credits
Dark X-rane BLID:12307 Creating most of the challenge, storyline, and hosting the server.
Akio BLID:19562 Beta Tester, has beaten the challenge 4 times, and requesting for me to host this.

Moderator Application
Requirements:
-Must Be 13 Years Or Older
-Do You Have Any Past Experience As A Moderator Or Admin?
-Are You Recommended By Anyone?
-Why Do You Want To Be A Moderator?
-What Will You Do As A Moderator?
Keep in mind that your applications must have reasonable and logical reason on why you want to be a Moderator. If your reasons are stupendous don't expect to get Moderator any time soon.
Once You Get Moderator I Can Easily Demote You If You Abuse Your Powers.

Server Status:
Closed
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 07:31:38 PM by Dark X-rane »

Server's down for some development. I thank everyone who once again participated on my server. The server will be up tomorrow with some more content.

Might as well start building a 'portfolio'. This server seems interesting enough.

-Must Be 13 Years Or Older: Yes.
-Do You Have Any Past Experience As A Moderator Or Admin?: I have had past experiences in staff positions, not with this name though.
-Are You Recommended By Anyone?: Nope. I'm hoping to change that by building up a reputation though.
-Why Do You Want To Be A Moderator?: So I will be able to build reputation and portfolio under this name. (Kind of a silly question though)
-What Will You Do As A Moderator?: I will offer assistance in the server and build; maximizing player enjoyment and play-ability.

Might as well start building a 'portfolio'. This server seems interesting enough.

-Must Be 13 Years Or Older: Yes.
-Do You Have Any Past Experience As A Moderator Or Admin?: I have had past experiences in staff positions, not with this name though.
-Are You Recommended By Anyone?: Nope. I'm hoping to change that by building up a reputation though.
-Why Do You Want To Be A Moderator?: So I will be able to build reputation and portfolio under this name. (Kind of a silly question though)
-What Will You Do As A Moderator?: I will offer assistance in the server and build; maximizing player enjoyment and play-ability.
I'll give you a test run with moderator once you join the server. Also the server is now open if you want to be tested for moderator.

I can't get onto the server.

I can't get onto the server.
One sec I'll try to fix that. Fixed my firewall was preventing the server from connecting to the Master Server.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 06:15:02 PM by Dark X-rane »

Server's down for tonight. Once again it will be back up tomorrow with hopefully some more levels to play on.

Server's now open with a new level to experience!

Server's now open with a new level to experience!

I can probably make it there in two hours, will it still be open by then?

I can probably make it there in two hours, will it still be open by then?
I'll try to keep it the server up a little bit longer then the usual time I shut it down.

Looks alright, the build looks like it was thrown together with no real planning or effort and it's really bland. The course itself could use more detail and more of a theme to it as well. Anything involving grapple besides grapple knife tdms is usually pretty fun though, I'll be sure to try it out.

Server's down for tonight it will once again be up tomorrow.
Looks alright, the build looks like it was thrown together with no real planning or effort and it's really bland. The course itself could use more detail and more of a theme to it as well. Anything involving grapple besides grapple knife tdms is usually pretty fun though, I'll be sure to try it out.
Yes I know the level design isn't the best and it barely make it past my build standards. However the server's mostly about game play rather then graphics. However I'll take your criticism and improve the challenge once it's 100% complete.