what are some good, free video recording softwares that don't eat up memory?

Author Topic: what are some good, free video recording softwares that don't eat up memory?  (Read 1995 times)

fraps destroys my memory because it's like 2gb for a minute of video, and i don't really know any other ones
i'd like it to have all this:
  • atleast 30fps recording
  • not bad quality
  • can record more then 2 minutes of video without taking up 5gb
  • is good and not bad

Action but it costs monies.

"that don't eat up memory?"
asking for miracles

edit: oh you mean disk space. nvidia shadowplay is good if you have one of the cards it's available for

Try MSI Afterburner. Great low-resource-hogging recorder. Although it's not entirely a video recorder. So it's a little complicated to use.

If the quality/encoding is the same, so will the file size be as well, program aside.

Camtasia, sometimes OBS (If you set it up correctly [Trust me, I recorded World of Warcraft with a 4.3 windows rating])

OBS is probably one of the best free options available

would defo try that first

Action but it costs monies.
this. actions encoding software is like what the jews shouldve thought of as their messiah

Try MSI Afterburner. Great low-resource-hogging recorder. Although it's not entirely a video recorder. So it's a little complicated to use.
It's not THAT complicated to use. But it is by far the best video recorder I've ever tried. With OBS, I was able to record HAWKEN on Ultra settings at a 1080p (but with only ~50% quality). Gameplay was about 20FPS, footage about 15.

Then I tried MSI Afterburner. Same game, same game settings. 1080p, 85% quality, gameplay affected very little, and 30FPS video capture.

Get MSI. Do it.

OBS is a fantastic video recorder if you know how to set up the settings correctly.

OBS is probably one of the best free options available

would defo try that first
open broadcaster?
OBS (If you set it up correctly [Trust me, I recorded World of Warcraft with a 4.3 windows rating])
OBS is a fantastic video recorder if you know how to set up the settings correctly.
can confirm

MSI Afterburner has an awesome recording program. It can be a pain to set up, but it's well worth it.

I use OBS to record 60FPS 1080p game footage at 50MBit/s with no loss in performance and reasonable filesizes. You can reduce the bitrate to reduce the filesize as you see fit with the lowest I've found working for perfect video quality being 15MBit/s, though 8MBit/s is passable as well

OBS

X-Split is alright, but OBS is one of the best ones on the market.