Dropping a magnet in a copper tube

Author Topic: Dropping a magnet in a copper tube  (Read 1084 times)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keMpUaoA3Tg

Quote from: iflscience
The most stripped down explanation of the law is that when a current is induced in a conductor, a magnetic field is generated that opposes the action that produces the current.

very smarticle, very cool. i want one

now wear a suit made of magnets and go down a room made from just copper.

now wear a suit made of magnets and go down a room made from just copper.
You would die. Magnetic fields follow the inverse square law, so you'd need really strong magnets to induce a sufficient current. What would end up happening is that the positive poles of the magnets on your chest would attract the negative poles of the magnets on your back, and you would be crushed spectacularly.

You would die. Magnetic fields follow the inverse square law, so you'd need really strong magnets to induce a sufficient current. What would end up happening is that the positive poles of the magnets on your chest would attract the negative poles of the magnets on your back, and you would be crushed spectacularly.

Spectacularly? Sign me up.

if my doctor ever tells me that i have 1 week left to live, this is how i wanna go. with a neon suit for a beautiful laser show, preferably

It's not just loving around if you're wearing a white coat.
explain mythbusters

haha i like how the apple didnt give a forget and the front magnet broke.
apple had some mad hops