Poll

Do you have any interest in using the Search and Destroy gamemode? (I'm considering dropping support for it)

Yes.
5 (41.7%)
No.
7 (58.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Slayer 4 Testing and Development  (Read 29632 times)

Hey, is it possible to create a Slayer game where players can destroy bricks? If not, can you add the option? Because I had someone in a slayer minigame (just TDM with one team, it's a co-op thing) and they couldn't break my bricks with explosions.

The beta version has been released! This means that all major features have been added, and now need to be tested! Please let me know if you discover any bugs.

Also, support for Gamemode_Slayer_SearchDestroy will be dropped after the release of Slayer 4. The game mode will likely not be ported to the new system.

Regarding bots, they work perfectly except when the mini resets they just spawn in the middle of the world with no weapons instead of the team spawns, when they die they respawn correctly with weapons.

Regarding bots, they work perfectly except when the mini resets they just spawn in the middle of the world with no weapons instead of the team spawns, when they die they respawn correctly with weapons.

Did you test this in either beta-1 or alpha-5?

Oh wait yeah I probably did get the alpha-5 one again, where's the beta one?

Beta-1 is the exact same as alpha-5, so it doesn't matter. The download is in the OP though.

I'll take a look at it when I feel like procrastinating on studying some more. Thanks for the tip.

Ah ok thanks
Also another weird bug that just happened, the neutral spawns I used on another map for some strange reason delete themselves after a while, not sure if it's the bots doing that or what yet, or if it's because of another add-on I have

I'm running a dedicated server and Slayer CTF refuses to show up. The bricks show up yet the gamemode option does not. Very frustrating, It's been installed and re-installed multiple times.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 04:15:52 PM by patton360 »

I'm running a dedicated server and Slayer CTF refuses to show up. The bricks show up yet the gamemode option does not. Very frustrating, It's been installed and re-installed multiple times.
Post a console log and the CTF file you downloaded?

I'm not sure if this is just me but, it seems that bots can't be killed by a vehicle, and they can't damage a vehicle. And if I leave the minigame, the bots don't work unless I rejoin.

Can you also add an option to enable building, painting, and wanding for specific teams?

Edit:
With HK weaponry, disabling lights will also disable reloading. I'm not sure if it's Slayer or HK weaponry not done right, but can this be fixed?

« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 12:57:59 AM by Spartan224 »

I'm not sure if this is just me but, it seems that bots can't be killed by a vehicle, and they can't damage a vehicle. And if I leave the minigame, the bots don't work unless I rejoin.

Please clarify. I cannot reproduce this. However, there is a feature where if nobody is in the minigame, bots will be removed until somebody rejoins. Is that what you're referring to?

Please clarify. I cannot reproduce this. However, there is a feature where if nobody is in the minigame, bots will be removed until somebody rejoins. Is that what you're referring to?

Well, Bots would still work, but they would not be able to damage anyone, and the players can't damage them unless the mini-game owner rejoins. The only way to avoid this on my side is to get a 2nd client of myself inside the mini-game for them to work.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 06:29:34 PM by Spartan224 »

Getting spam in console when people are talking with etard filter set to nothing, it's also filtering wrong. Set it to "e" and you'll see.

it's also filtering wrong. Set it to "e" and you'll see.
Yeah, I've noticed this in the past too. It's supposed to filter by whole words, not find instances of a string in each word.