Author Topic: WerFault.exe error  (Read 835 times)

So, I've had the game on steam for quite sometime, I have a few mods but up until I downloaded This RTB Mod now I get the error below everytime I try to start up the game... a thing to note is I have the game on Steam....

I've tried to install, reinstall and even download the none-steam version... only to get the same resulting error message

werfault.exe isn't related to blockland at all

If you're legitimately having this problem then I'd suspect it isn't isolated to Blockland. Are you having problems with other applications as well?

Quote from: Microsoft
The werfault.exe is used for Windows Error Reporting. It is a feature that allows Microsoft to track and address errors relating to the operating system, Windows features, and applications.

Something's wrong with your Windows 8 computer. I'd suggest fixing it.

I have the mod, it works fine.  It's a problem with your pc.

My friend who has a windows 8 (not 8.1) laptop had the same issue when trying to play skyrim. I just reset his OS, immediately updated to 8.1 and the issue was seemingly resolved.

Shortly after this, I stumbled upon another friend who had the same problem but he had 8.1 (but let me tell you his laptop was cluttered with garbage/adware also)

I ran Malwarebytes, then CCleaner, then I went into services and disabled the
windows error reporting service completely. Issue solved.
The cause? I have no idea, but it's definitely not Blockland related

Microsoft ftw