Sound packaging help

Author Topic: Sound packaging help  (Read 2071 times)

Okay, so today I was trying to make a sound pack from SCP Containment Breach. Once I finished packaging the sounds, I enter the game, but the sounds don't appear.

Here is the folder:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kmucmngoyf5s21f/Sound_ContainmentBreach.zip?dl=0

It's been a few years since I made a sound add-on but simply by comparing your folder and files with an existing sound add-on that works I was able to determine the following differences that may or may not cause your add-on to not work:

• Your "Description.txt" and "Namecheck.txt" are both written with a capital letter while in the working sound add-on they are not. It's unlikely that this is the cause but it never hurts to be sure.
  • You have defined "008death1" sound twice which is unecessary.
  • Your datablock names (the thing inside the brackets) are rather short and could accidentally override other people's datablocks. It is customary to have long datablock names that are as unique as possible. For example: Sound_SCP_ContainmentBreach_0 08death1
  • The first and foremost thing that breaks this add-on is the missing quotation (") mark at the end of the filename field in every datablock. You have this:
Code: [Select]
filename = "./008death1.wav;when it should be this:
filename = "./008death1.wav";
  • Secondly you do not have inheritance, though not 100% necessary it saves a lot of writing. Your first datablock does have the "description" and "preload" fields but all the other ones don't. To fix this all the succeeding datablocks need to inherit the first one. Simply change the datablock name inside the brackets to the following format:"
datablock AudioProfile(whateverDatablockName : theFirstDataBlockName)

If after fixing all these the add-on still does not work, there is most likely a problem with the audio encoding. I recommend you make a new thread to solve that problem.

Thank you Demian, I am fixing it now.