Author Topic: Insane text-recognition abuse on Family Feud for the SNES - TAS video  (Read 2411 times)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPuOFrpiboM
http://tasvideos.org/movies/smv/heisanevilgenius-familyfued-playaround.zip (Raw SMV movie so you can use it on Snes9x)

"ABRACADABRA I WIN" - the A family

EDIT: Might as well tell you how the hell the answers are correct. Pay attention to the letters used in the words. The game apparently picks up those tiny pieces of the word and thinks "oh, they were in the words, let's merge those pieces into one big word/phrase". That's how it works with this TAS apparentally.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 06:35:13 PM by The Killer Cop #311 »

no stealing research

stop

BRB forgetIGN DYING OF THE BEST LAUGHTER IN 12 YEARS

« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 07:20:31 PM by Col. Burton »

But why does it work like that? I know it picked up word fragments, but still, why does it work like that?

But why does it work like that? I know it picked up word fragments, but still, why does it work like that?
It detects letters in those phrases that are very similar to the original word. It's like that in case you spell the actual phrase partially wrong.

It detects letters in those phrases that are very similar to the original word. It's like that in case you spell the actual phrase partially wrong.
Ah okay. Thanks for the info!

Also, the Brain Age 2 TAS is very similar to what this guy did, just with pictures instead of words. Props to this runner.

instead of checking the word directly against the answer it looks for letters in the answer sequentially

so if you have "goglygam" the answer "goofy golf yogurt at midnight" would work since all the right letters are there in the right order

I love stuff like this and wish there was more

Also, the Brain Age 2 TAS is very similar to what this guy did, just with pictures instead of words. Props to this runner.
Any explanations as to how the Brain Age one works?
Edit 2: Oh wait nvm I kind of understand some, but how does the piano work?
Edit 3:Oh nvm
Edit 4: Nvm I was wrong please explain it
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 07:59:43 PM by Space1255 »

Any explanations as to how the Brain Age one works?
The game detects the drawings as the numbers/letters. It's a lot harder to do because of how precise you need to make the drawing to trick the game into thinking it's a certain character. Usually the image will contain a similar figure to the character, thus the game will recognize it as one. The way he does the piano section just depends on if he hits the note given on the screen at the time the arrow moves onto it. If I remember correctly, it's based off of whether you hit it or not, and not accuracy, meaning he can just spam the piano keys on the empty segments. The reason the keys don't appear highlighted when he taps them is because of how fast it is being inputted I think.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 08:03:50 PM by Freek »

The game detects the drawings as the numbers/letters. It's a lot harder to do because of how precise you need to make the drawing to trick the game into thinking it's a certain character. Usually the image will contain a similar figure to the character, thus the game will recognize it as one. The way he does the piano section just depends on if he hits the note given on the screen at the time the arrow moves onto it. If I remember correctly, it's based off of whether you hit it or not, and not accuracy, meaning he can just spam the piano keys on the empty segments. The reason the keys don't appear highlighted when he taps them is because of how fast it is being inputted I think.
Ooooh, I get it now. Thank you!