No need to read this

Author Topic: No need to read this  (Read 2975 times)

Sorry ill make my own addons now
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 09:56:01 AM by DaRealSlimShady »

You realize its still going to be taken down unless you have permission to re-upload it.

it's an addon, what's the problem if you don't get permission? i don't understand why everyone is so loving obsessed with the need for credit on something they made. you're bettering the community with it, that's the whole forgetin deal. if you want people to know you made it, whoopdeeforgetindoo.

what's the problem if you don't get permission?

Well, you see, we have these things called patents and copyright laws. Although you don't exactly patent an add-on, there is a reason that the ability to patent inventions was created. People typically don't like their intellectual property stolen.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 12:04:31 AM by Flaronix »

Well, you see, we have these things called patents and copyright laws. Although you don't exactly patent an add-on, there is a reason that the ability to patent inventions was created. People typically don't like their intellectual property stolen.

but that's only when the other person takes credit for it

the day someone goes to court over a loving blockland add-on is the day i wake up inbetween Badspot and a desk lamp in bed.

but that's only when the other person takes credit for it

To some developers it might not matter. It's just common courtesy, especially to someone who probably worked very hard to create it.

in the add-on's description.txt, it says the author is Bushido, so no stealing or copyright or anything here folks

To some developers it might not matter. It's just common courtesy, especially to someone who probably worked very hard to create it.

the way I see it, more people are taking advantage of that being there, the content is reaching more people more easily. forget devs who think it doesn't matter.

Better description: The Lupara is a fast-shooting sawn-off doublebarrel shotgun with high knockback on the target and the user
it has 2 shots before needing to reload Can take down blockheads with ease

Imma make my own addons now it might take some time for my first addon since I am new to Blender
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 09:44:45 AM by DaRealSlimShady »