Portal - Test Chamber 1

Author Topic: Portal - Test Chamber 1  (Read 1642 times)

Back in 2014, I started a small project involving the start of Portal, but I never really finished it. A couple of days ago, I got back to it, and now I finished it. I only built the first test chamber and the relaxation vault, but I might make more.

Pictures:

Note: Nothing in this build is evented, so the door doesn't work, the portal doesn't open at the start, etc.

You can rate x/10.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 12:41:00 AM by Aperture Science »

i never played portal (just portal 2 cuz y nawt) but this is rlly cool

Looks really good. You should try adding in tiled floors and making the "connectors" from buttons to doors built into the floor as well.

Thanks everyone for the good ratings, this means a lot to me.

Looks really good. You should try adding in tiled floors and making the "connectors" from buttons to doors built into the floor as well.
Yeah, I was kind of thinking about that when I was working on this. I guess I was too lazy, lol.

I've always wanted to make Portal 2 in blockland, but I always faced the problem that there are massive moving rooms, and it is quite hard to simulate that, without having stuff loads of named bricks, or like... Elevators and stuff, and the other thing that got in my way, was that the BL Portal gun didn't work on slants.

On Subject: This build is pretty nice. 9/10
Last picture looks a little odd

wow I did a portal project a while ago with functioning turrets, cores, cubes and pressure plates
but I abandoned because nobody was interested

Ostinyo had probably the biggest portal remake in all of Blockland, something like 20 insanely huge levels but that's pretty old now. Glad to see a modern remake of it.

Are you just making your own levels as you go? Or are you trying to recreate the exact Portal 1 levels?

Ostinyo had probably the biggest portal remake in all of Blockland, something like 20 insanely huge levels but that's pretty old now. Glad to see a modern remake of it.

Are you just making your own levels as you go? Or are you trying to recreate the exact Portal 1 levels?
I'm trying to recreate the Portal 1 levels, but this is the only one that I have so far. I plan to start on the second test chamber soon, but I just don't know when. Glad to hear that you like it, though.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 05:26:22 PM by Aperture Science »