Author Topic: Visolator's City RPG [WIP] - Online [Now with Blocknet] - Suggestions?  (Read 4878 times)

I've decided to cut down on my World RPG for a bit as the build is currently slow progress than the script itself.

Welcome to Visolator's City RPG (CRP)

What is this?
This is a city roleplay made completely from scratch by me. If you want to be real with role play in a city, here it is.

There are already a few city servers out right now, why make one?
They all use the same mod, which is IBan's fragmented city mod. It's better to make one than even edit it, although his is good to show people what it is doing.

How is your mod different from IBan's?
I have a lot of support in the mod for coders to make things more easily, the code is a lot more simpler than IBan's code. Yes, when I am done with this mod and after the server dies out, I will release the mod. Jobs and info bricks are much easier to create and even use a custom call function to see if it exists when they hop on the brick.

Features:
Economy: Game starts with 60 million (125%) (Cap is 100 million), and cannot be earned ever again, meaning everyone that gets money directly from the city will hurt the economy. You are also able to donate to the economy to restore it back. Higher pays will hurt the economy more, when the economy is over 100% store items will be cheap, but if it is less than 100%, it will be expensive. This doesn't change the price much unless the economy is really butthurt. Every time a person is new the city will use its own money to give to that person, it can be earned back if that person feels like giving it back eventually. The more players, the bigger the problem this will be for the economy. If the economy ever reaches 0%, no one can get their paychecks or even start with money for new people, so be careful. Some jobs rely on the economy, so if they get stuffty weapons/vehicles, it's because of the economy being treated. The cap and start economy amount might change, but I do not know at the moment.

Jailing: Doing stupid things will get you into demerits. Such as killing, pickpocketing, robbing the bank, robbing store clerks, etc. You cannot Self Delete while you are trying to be arrested; if you leave the server while being arrested a fake player with a fake client will be there with all of your info. You can still be jailed or killed. When you come back and your player was jailed, you will be jailed for that time you were jailed for.

Money: Simple for money, if you die from something with the exceptions of hunger/thirst, you will drop your cash. If you catch other people taking your cash (using checks for this), you can literally kill them with your hammer to get it back. Same for being pickpocketed, only you can hammer that person, no one else is able to hammer unless they got screwed by the same blockhead. Pickpockers cannot deposit money after pickpocketing someone, they have to wait. If they are near the bank when pickpocketing, the bank can "see" what they are doing and not allow them to do anything at all for a bit.

Wanted/Demerits: You can no longer get killed by anyone if you are wanted, same as being hammered all the time. If you are trying to kill someone that is wanted, you will still get demerits, but only half because they are wanted, but it is also not your fight to pick unless you were attacked first. Self-defense only works on the criminal's player once until it happens again. When getting wanted, it is more difficult to get to another star. You can be jailed for more than 6 days, so I wouldn't even try to get more than 6 days. If you have pink stars, you'll know when you should be jailed before it gets worse.

(Not completely done) Jobs: Jobs will pay but also can be based on interest and possibly the economy. There will be job trees, which can also reveal more jobs and even hidden jobs when you get farther into the job's tree. You cannot get paid while being dead too long, being wanted, in jail, or loading. Education will insanely cost more as you get one. Experience will also be only for that job branch you got the experience for. You are able to lose exp by doing your job wrong (example: killing people as a police officer).

Date/time: There will not be any long ticks, the city's tick is every second, which is how it updates the print. Once the max time has passed, the tick will start a new day giving everything out possible to only you. The server will not also lag when a day goes by.

(Not done) Lots: You will have to pay for lots, but instead, you can go to the building department and buy a lot, and then you can plant your lot down. If your lot is somehow broken or not working, you will get refunded into your bank account, but you will lose that lot. Bricks will cost a small fee to prevent people making high brick count buildings, it will be based on brick volume, but the fee will not be too large unless you're trying to do 32x cubes. You can buy bricks from the building department as well, and it will stay on your profile forever, same thing if your brick does not plant correctly, you will get your money back into your bank account.

(Not done) Drugs: Drugs are powerful and will have high cost, but can earn your money back eventually. The drugs will have effects and are illegal, if you are caught with them (ex: being high), you can get wanted automatically if a blockhead is able to arrest. I wouldn't even do any drugs.

(Not done) Farming: You can farm! We replaced lumberjack jobs with farming jobs because who wants to sit for hours chopping a tree? I've barely seen people use lumberjacks as well. I do want the models from DrenDran when he had that server, that would be nice.

Survival: Yes, there is hunger and thirst. It does not go by long ticks (day ticks), it goes every second, which is a city tick (difference). They are slow, and it doesn't instantly kill you if you are low. The percentages are reversed instead of 0% it will be 100% you will die at; it just means "You are 100% hungry" which makes sense. If you eat too much you will explode from your obesity and will have your bank money deducted because we had to revive you from the hospital, then we put you in a bag and then set you back at the spawn.

Note: Almost everything you do is logged, it will log 2 files with and without IPs.
Note: Do not make spammy builds, you will get banned and possibly never come back.
Hint: ^ before you teamchat/regular chat to chat local.

Anything else you want to ask that I might have missed? Post here about it!

Need builders, images?
Currently the mod is going to escalate because it's stable.

We currently need a jail.

Credits
Support Folder - Everyone who made things for support are being credited. (Xalos, Greek2Me, Port)

Me - Making the entire script from scratch, a pain in the ass.
Jakob - Co-Founder of the City, also helps build the entire layout with me.
Profitman - Helping out in the server here and there.
Everyone else - Helping out on the build (Currently making a list so I can put them here)

Interested in getting moderation? Apply here. It will be useful for the future of this mod.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 03:31:44 AM by Advanced Bot »

-Reserved?-
Here is our money, only problem is that it is big as a player, not sure how to fix that, I've been rescaling in milkshape but nothing works lol

Credits go to Ozmar for making this.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 07:22:49 PM by Advanced Bot »

How will drugs work (if there is any)

How will drugs work (if there is any)
I might plan to add them, let me edit the topic for that of what I think can happen.

Yes! Love it!

Edit*

Also I have some ideas...

1.Add portable foods items
2.Add universal/logical rules rn
3.Prevent meta-gaming by overwriting the announcement that someone was killed and don't make criminal's nametags red or any other color. And if you do make the command "view online criminals", can you please make it kind of like a witness registration  command like. IE: instead of "View Online Criminals" make it "View Suspected Criminals Online"
3A.Add a rule that prevents players from speaking of their previous death (because that wouldn't happen in rl).
4.Don't make the a criminal job in the first place (your going to set yourself up for destruction), being a criminal isn't a real job (PPL, please, don't be a smart alec, it ain't a job). Regular Citizens, Policemen, etc. can be criminals behind the scenes.
5.Add Weather (Yes, it's possible.)
6.Add Loans so that people can freaking start from some where. I always have the dilemma of sitting in a CRPG doing nothing all day long until I get enough money, though I recommend making lots more expensive as well. If they don't pay their loans in a certain amount of time, they get more demerits and increments more and more, day after day .
7.(optional). If you won't take my advice on loans, then fuse citizens with Laborers (or something) because being payed to be a citizen is a pot full of crap and a waste of my 10 minutes of time playing CRPG
8.Still thinking :c
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 01:10:35 AM by Courage »

get GOOD admins unlike the city rpgs out right now.
the admins of Panpour and Summets CityRPGs suck balls.

Lol, I'm usually picky at having admins, only main admins right now are part of the vSMC clan.

ERM..I'm glad you're making a new city rp and it looks good, however, there are tons of city rps at the moment, and its stated to kill the server list a little. I don't see why you would want to add a new one honestly

i'd like to help, i sent a friend request on steam

1. Add portable foods items
This is what will happen, I have food bricks, but I need models for most of them, but if the model doesn't exist, you just eat it right away.
If the item does exist, it will prompt them if they want to eat it or save it for later (Meaning it goes into their inventory). Some foods can go bad, so you have to eat them eventually if you are seriously alive that long. I might just add tiredness into the system, meaning you have to sleep eventually, sleep on a street but it isn't as comfortable, you just get slower and easier to kill (the damage just multiplies), I might not even add tiredness, but it's an idea.

2. Add universal/logical rules rn
Explain what you mean by this.

3. Prevent meta-gaming by overwriting the announcement that someone was killed and don't make criminal's nametags red or any other color. And if you do make the command "view online criminals", can you please make it kind of like a witness registration  command like. IE: instead of "View Online Criminals" make it "View Suspected Criminals Online"
Sure can do. I prefer to do this instead as well. No red tags anymore, but they will be purple tags for immunization for jailing/killing (basically when you spawn this happens)

3. Add a rule that prevents players from speaking of their previous death (because that wouldn't happen in rl).
I might just remove the death icons.

4. Don't make the a criminal job in the first place (your going to set yourself up for destruction), being a criminal isn't a real job (PPL, please, don't be a smart alec, it ain't a job). Regular Citizens, Policemen, etc. can be criminals behind the scenes.
When you are a citizen, if you do anything that is a crime, it's like being those criminal "jobs". They will never spawn with weapons other than main jobs like police officers.

5. Add Weather (Yes, it's possible.)
I'm not so sure how I would be able to do weather at the moment. I'll need help on coding this if I get to it.

6. Add Loans so that people can freaking start from some where. I always have the dilemma of sitting in a CRPG doing nothing all day long until I get enough money, though I recommend making lots more expensive as well. If they don't pay their loans in a certain amount of time, they get more demerits and increments more and more, day after day .
This was already planned, but I like this idea better.

7. (optional). If you won't take my advice on loans, then fuse citizens with Laborers (or something) because being payed to be a citizen is a pot full of crap and a waste of my 10 minutes of time playing CRPG
To get a paying job you have to either stay in the citizen tree or go into a new one.

Thanks for the feedback. Replied in bold.

ERM..I'm glad you're making a new city rp and it looks good, however, there are tons of city rps at the moment, and its stated to kill the server list a little. I don't see why you would want to add a new one honestly
I know, but they all use the same basic mod, which is IBan's. There needs to be something new with a city rp mod.

Ha, looks like I exported it wrong

i helped exploit everything and annoy all the builders at the same time
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 11:08:58 AM by Akio »

on the wanted subject, will the fake client still slowly lose demerits if you leave?
Also, if your in jail, can you still gain income?