steam vs non steam version

Poll

preferred version?

steam
33 (44%)
regular
42 (56%)

Total Members Voted: 75

Author Topic: steam vs non steam version  (Read 2697 times)

the game's been out on steam for quite a while

pros:
achievements
tracks playtime
no console window
replaces rtb

cons:
can't change key
no dedicated servers(?)

i'm sure there are other advantages and disadvantages. this is just the stuff i noticed.

what do you guys think? steam or no steam?

well, personally I vastly prefer the regular version over the steam version.
it's more convenient for me to launch, launches quicker and I do some keydat work that's exclusive to the non-steam version as well.

for me it's 10x easier to use bl through steam because i get easy access to steam and everything

The reason I went back to regular over Steam was because client mods don't work if you play offline.

I have both, I use both, it honestly doesn't matter to me, I think the steam release is just stupid though. Other wise I just host a dedicated server off my server cabinet with non-steam version of Blockland anyway, so I don't really worry about that. (sucks to be people who officially bought on steam and can't retrieve their CDkey?)

(sucks to be people who officially bought on steam and can't retrieve their CDkey?)
steam users don't have keys. the game is tied to their steam account

I always use steam just so people know I'm playing blockland and its convenient because steam is always open

theres no god damn difference besides key and steam achievements.

theres no god damn difference besides key and steam achievements.
No key, Steam achievements, no launcher, different Blockland folder location, Steam overlay, they don't have the recent updates, etc.

let's just face it: steam is the poison that is slowly killing blockland. i give bl about five years before the master server is shut down for lack of players. seven years at most.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 11:58:59 AM by Fennis »

let's just face it: steam is the poison that is slowly killing blockland. i give bl about five years before the master server is shut down for lack of players. seven years at most.
what, nice edit btw

i have both, but regular seems to play better for some reason

i've heard the steam port is glitchy
people who use steam say they cant click links and stuff

i use steam but i think the regular version is better