Author Topic: What classifies someone as a hipster?  (Read 754 times)

trying to settle an argument.

do any of us qualify as hipsters? I'm being told a hipster rebels against mainstream things.

just being against what most people like for the sake of defiance

saying "Riddler did nothing wrong!" unironically

They have autism I think

Drinking Starbucks with a macbook and beanie idk what I'm talking about btw

people who wear specific clothing, listen to specific music, eat specific food and drink specific alcohol that's unpopular because it's unpopular or they do it to be "ironic"

stuff like wearing a goofy scarf in summer because nobody normal does that, or displaying a brand name that's unpopular or disliked to be unique

lets say nobody knows what the band "Concept of Afterbirth Destruction" is because it's stuffty music that nobody sane listens to. If you're a hipster, you wear CoAD tshirts because nobody likes it

Drinking Starbucks with a macbook and beanie idk what I'm talking about btw

that sounds pretty accurate tbh, but I need more fuel

trying to settle an argument.

do any of us qualify as hipsters? I'm being told a hipster rebels against mainstream things.
being contrarian about everything in their lives. people like this? well, that thing is bad! this thing is bad? well, I like this thing ironically!

not to melt steel beams I hope

they are obsessed with independence and counter-culture. they're also very, uh, artsy, and their humor is a bit stale. or perhaps i "just don't understand"

source: people classify me as one :(

the problem is that that's the stereotypical hipster, but all of those are actually relatively mainstream, which is the opposite of a hipster.

"i'm going to a concert tonight, but you probably wouldn't know who the artist is."

not to melt steel beams I hope

oh my lord lol

ike's provided the best answer so far I think

the problem is that that's the stereotypical hipster, but all of those are actually relatively mainstream, which is the opposite of a hipster.

okay, but you can't put it that simply.

most memes and stuffty websites like ifunny are mainstream, but a good chunk of blf users stray away from that stuff not because it's mainstream but because it's handicapped also stuff a double post

"i'm going to a concert tonight, but you probably wouldn't know who the artist is."
and other braggings about supposedly obscure things