Poll

Would you like to see a new Menen Forum Adventure Game?

Yes, do the forum adventure!
6 (66.7%)
No, just do the comic.
3 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: Endeavour Sprites - Mega Art Update  (Read 2568 times)

So I guess I want to put these here because I've been working on them on and off for a bit and I figured I'd show you all.

I'm still bitter about the fact that Nick, Menen, or myself were never able to finish an adventure in Supreme Guy's quirky Endeavor-verse.

So I'm always trying to concoct new ways to bring back my favorite characters that were created on a whim because Menen didn't get into Mining Endeavour.

One of the major problems with the sprites themselves is, why they worked well for the retro-style pixel art they were, and obviously were easy to manipulate quickly. They lacked the ability to poses minute expressions, and thus made the panels we created far more dialog heavy than they probably needed to be, just to show the emotion of a character, instead of letting the character do it.

So, after toiling with the idea and concept art of taking an image no bigger than 20px by 20px, and making it blown the forget up.

Thus, I give you Endeavour v3 (cause I used v2 already):

I went through a few versions of these character models, and right now I only have Menen and Marc.

They're made entirely in Adobe Flash now, completely vector based so scaling indefinitely is possible. They're animatable if need be, and they're able to be colored and tinted and shaded to fit in to any sort of environment with lighting in it.

So now, I guess what I'm asking, aside from just posting it here, if you were somone who used to enjoy the continuing adventures of Menen and Marc and their daring do-gooding in a magical land of urban gnomes and hipster werewolves- would you like to see us try one last time at an adventure topic?

I've been mulling over it, and it's not something I'd just jump into right away, all of the assets would have to be pre-made in order to sustain the kind of interactivity the topics used to have. The story itself would be loose but be at least stringed together from the beginning so as to not lose sight of where the plot is headed.

Menen and I have been discussing this greatly, and he wants to do a regular comic, and that might be what we ultimately do (we're so obsessed with these characters we're constantly creating stories for them). But I still want to believe an adventure topic can be mustered for old time's sake.

I'm asking you, the creativity board community, if you or someone you know who browses the forums remembers the old times, answer the poll. If you demand it enough, it might motivate us to do it again.

And if not, that's cool. I got to show you what I've been working on at least.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 02:56:55 AM by Swholli »

Oh stuff I remember this.  Will follow this for sure!

As a frequent (and I daresay obsessed) browser of the Comm Proj board, I remember these very well.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 02:58:59 AM by Maelstrom »

I forgot how long it's been since the last of these

I like how you've illustrated it this time. I love the complexity of some of the drawings.

EDIT: It seems the illustration I was talking about was mostly from Adventure Time.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 12:28:35 PM by Majorth »

yeeee i loved endevour sprite adventures
i kinda miss them, there are barely any thrown-together pixel art adventures anymore
prob bc nobody ever finished them

One truth: the cave drawing was background art from Adventure Time. I was using it as a test for different lighting technique and color possibilities.

Though with the new art direction, backgrounds like that one are still totally possible given the new flexibility to the "sprites."

i was gonna say, it sure looked like it was from AT

These look so cool, do you plan on releasing them for public use (or at a later date) ?

Yeah, once I finish converting all the 8bit characters to vector and make a base blank character, then I'll have a library to utilize to make comics easier.

After all, if people wanna submit characters in the new format, they gotta have a way to do it.

I'll even show you all a little tutorial on how to position these assets to create your own adventure panels, because I like seeing people be creative and I don't mind if they use my assets to do that.

i remember i was gonna kinda use like, an HD-ish Revalier thing and use it but i wasnt really proud of it
i still like revalier tho, i dont think it was ever used by anyone but me and cybertails which is sad

i remember i was gonna kinda use like, an HD-ish Revalier thing and use it but i wasnt really proud of it
i still like revalier tho, i dont think it was ever used by anyone but me and cybertails which is sad

I switched to Revalier sprites mid-adventure

I switched to Revalier sprites mid-adventure

thats because you smell

i totally recognize that music where is it from