Why did my server lag?

Author Topic: Why did my server lag?  (Read 1368 times)

I was playing on my freebuild, it was going slow. Then someone (DragonoidSlayer) joins, and he walks around, then the server lags like crazy. Here is the console. http://imgur.com/a/vWUFr#2

Looks like you got a crappy add-on which allows players to spam the console.

Start the server again, type trace(1); in the server console, and hope he comes back and does it again. Then post the console.log and we'll be able to see what it is.

Looks like you got a crappy add-on which allows players to spam the console.

Start the server again, type trace(1); in the server console, and hope he comes back and does it again. Then post the console.log and we'll be able to see what it is.
I contacted DragonoidSlayer, he said he had no idea what caused that and how you do it, so I think I'm out of luck.

I contacted DragonoidSlayer, he said he had no idea what caused that and how you do it, so I think I'm out of luck.
Well, generally people messing with your stuff will act like they have no idea what you're talking about when confronted with it.

Well, generally people messing with your stuff will act like they have no idea what you're talking about when confronted with it.
Well, he won't come back and do it again, so what do I do?

Well, he won't come back and do it again, so what do I do?
Your best bet is if you can get a copy of your console.log and post it here. Other than that we can't really help you or place blame on dragonoid.

or find the addon causing it

or find the addon causing it
Which would also be in the console.log

The log is full of error message, you have a giant load of garbage add-ons.

The log is full of error message, you have a giant load of garbage add-ons.
Which ones do I get rid of tho

Everything, then start over by getting only the add-ons you really need for your server.

Everything, then start over by getting only the add-ons you really need for your server.
ive done that several times, i guess the ones i need are also crappy

Vehicle_Thor
Weapon_Ekko_TimeBat
Weapon_PortalGun
99.99% of errors just from those.

Vehicle_Thor
Weapon_Ekko_TimeBat
Weapon_PortalGun
99.99% of errors just from those.

I found it out, it was Ocelotus' Renderman v4. It had a backdoor which allowed anyone to use eval. Case closed.