The Purification (RP)

Author Topic: The Purification (RP)  (Read 4174 times)

EDIT:I have stopped working on this project, It was fun while it lasted but I can't bring myself to work on it any further. For anyone who can make a server out of this, I give you cookie  :cookie:

Feel free to use/edit the story however you like. I will keep the topic open for a bit.[/b][/color]

Original Post:

Hello! I decided to make a forum post about it to see if anyone really cares about apoc stuff anymore,

I had a (not really) somewhat long-running rp based in a remote valley in Siberia. It died after there really was nothing new or exciting happening (surprising, right?)

So I'm starting anew with a new story! and hopefully this one actually makes a bit more sense than the last and hopefully people will want to come back for more!

Here's a backstory:

The Purification

It was the year 2047. Terrorism has been suppressed and the world is in peace.  A man who goes by the name Brenton West has developed a small group of individuals from around the world. West and his “followers” have created a company called Logistics Horizons with the goal of bringing an end to disease in the world. With the help of West’s brother, Alexander, a government official, Logistics Horizons has established a secret facility in a remote location in Oregon. Here, the organization has created cures for many diseases such as HIV/AIDS and COPD. Eventually, this company began to sell these cures all across the United States and most countries in South America. Eventually, Logistics Horizons became idolized due to their extraordinary curing capabilities.
Logistics Horizons had a great deal of supporters and representatives that eventually they formed their own branch of the World Health Organization. In this branch, they created cures for Coronary Artery Disease (CAD), and even Tuberculosis and Diabetes. Soon after, they devised a cure-all in the form of an injection that they dubbed ‘The Potion.’ The Potion not only cured all disease, but also boosted the immune and respiratory systems, and even increased lifespan for most people. This was an outstanding breakthrough in medicine, and soon, health was no longer an issue. Due to this, Logistics Horizons had started working on ways to strengthen the human body in ways nobody thought possible. They created an injection that would literally make people’s bones into titanium and give people heightened senses. Extensive testing was done on multiple animal subjects and the results were astounding. The animals were able to run at speeds faster than ever before and their reaction times quickened.

The first human subject to receive this treatment had very odd side effects and reactions. His skin turned a pale color and his bones began to form into monstrous shapes. His speech was impaired and his spine burst out of the skin and became a row of spikes on his back. His eyes seemed to turn black and his teeth became tough as nails. In other parts of the world, the same injections were happening on hundreds of millions of patients. Doctors became worried that they had caused some sort of catastrophe. They were right. The patients rose up and attacked the doctors, leaving gashes in their skin, and leaving them to die.
The doctors didn’t die though. From the scratches, they became the creatures that the patients were, rising up to attack other doctors and even destroying property. These rampaging psychopaths became known as the Mutalids, due to their horribly deformed bodies and lightning fast speed. These Mutalids began to run rampant in the streets, attacking helpless people and breaking into homes. Even some animals were attacked and transformed into these monstrosities. West himself managed to escape into a bomb shelter where he committed Self Delete. Billions of people were transformed and soon there were only a few thousand people remaining. Hoping to remain among the living, some people flocked to parts of the world to seek refuge in this ruined society.

In Voltage, New Hampshire, a small group of survivors discover your body under a pile of rubble. Your heart is still beating, but your vitals are dropping rapidly. They quickly resuscitate you and get you back to normal.

You awaken...

It's a bit of a novel, i know, but when i start typing i can't seem to stop

So any feedback would be super helpful, and if anyone is willing to help out with the build, that would be cool as well. I'm not begging or anything.

-Wolf9478

Update: The first town is nearly finished, all I need is props for the inside of the houses and then we can move on to bigger and better things!

The town currently (No shaders since my fps drops to like -2 with them):

Here's a DOF screenie for you fancy folk out there:

SPOOKY BLURRY PICKSHURE

The Hummingbird Inn:

Credit:

Props: Swat 11 and Blight

The Inn: Hummingbird

Mutalid events: Bullet Monkey

Some smexy buildings: BILL NYE THO

Some people who tested the RPability of the map: HuskyGWoods, BILL NYE THO, DaSokol Klaublhai (i hope i spelled that right), Dat Awkward Moment, Liam R., LordJoey.

If I forgot to mention anyone please let me know.

Thanks for all the feedback! Please leave suggestions for what should be added next.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 03:34:18 PM by Wolfeh9478 »

TBH, it is a bad idea to give too much lore away via OOC sources.

I really like the idea, though. No one used mutalids as the main big bads before - it is always cheesy stuff like zombies.
But there IS a flaw: Logistics Horizons would have know about how horrifying the injections would be. They would have tested in on animals and found out the issue. Unless the source was not the medicine itself...

See, this is what i'm trying to keep from the players.

The thing about the medicine, yeah, i'm making it kind of a mystery.. was it faulty medication? was it bad intentions on the company's part? or was it something else?

that's where the suspense comes in, i /try/ not to give out too much... yes, emphasis on /try/.

but thanks for the feedback, it is appreciated!

Do it!
 :cookie:
And you will receive the cookie!

Maybe if i can actually get a decent map done.

Yeah, this seems cool, I'd be happy to help with this.
Btw anybody have a bucket of cold water, I fell half asleep attempting to read half of that. :/

So this is more of a Suggestions and Requests topic, because you have no build to show for. .

This isn't a request or a suggestion. it is something i'm currently working on

Bump. Gonna add pictures soon, any good way of uploading them?

And what weapon pack do you recommend? I'm currently using that WH40k thing but i prefer weapons with sights that you can look down.

For pictures you can just upload using the picture button under bold in the reply thing.
And for weapon packs i recomend using the L4D weapon pack, ik you already have it but if you've lost it i can give you a link through steam

Okay thanks.

Very early picture of what the starting town will /kind of/ look like.

note: this isn't even close to being done, tons more will be added :)

For pictures you can just upload using the picture button under bold in the reply thing.
And for weapon packs i recomend using the L4D weapon pack, ik you already have it but if you've lost it i can give you a link through steam
I recommend using this if you can't find weapon packs that need ammo

I suggest someone like blockombat, or maybe another gun pack that makes you collect ammo, if you can't find those, you should then use the L4D weapon pack.

Also, do you think you could link me? I'm thinking about hosting ZAPT or something like that
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 05:13:42 AM by Snaked_Snake »

It's nice, but doesn't seem to offer anything new?

Yeah, Mutalids, nothing new there in an apocalypse roleplay, right?

Mutalids are the main enemy now, which have never been done.
Mutalids were just passive aggressive in Bluzone and loving starfishs in Winterbite.