Author Topic: Issues modeling, please PM  (Read 4454 times)

How do I add bones to the model?

I can't seem to do this well, I look fine in the picture

But then in first person my camera is on the ground.
I have looked at some tutorials but they don't help me at all.

This is a pain in the ass, I wish I can model but there's nothing good out here for me to look for. If you know how to model and actually get playertypes working in BL, please PM me, I want to learn. I don't know anything but to know what to name what.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 08:55:05 PM by Advanced Bot »

When you figure out how to place joints, this will fix your first person camera issue. (Name the joint eye, and it don't have to be connected with a bone to anything)

List of Bone Names:

eye - First person Camera

mount0 - Right Hand
mount1 - Left Hand
mount2 - Body
mount3 - Right Foot
mount4 - Left Foot
mount5 - Head
mount6 - Visor
mount7 - Pants

I use MS3D, so sorry I can't be of more help.

Edit: Also, everyone I know who uses blender uses the old 2.49b or whatever for animating/exporting. Maybe this would help...?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 06:49:09 PM by tony-0222 »

Yeah, I've looked at that. I figured out that part, but it didn't work after adding a bone. what did I miss?

Yeah, I've looked at that. I figured out that part, but it didn't work after adding a bone. what did I miss?

In milkshape if you place joints 1 after another, they attach via "bones" and then you have to assign groups of the model to the joints, name the joints accordingly to the desired mount points, then animate + export.

Ex. Place all joints/bones, rename joint in right hand "mount0", select right hand group, bind it to joint "mount0", then moving that joint in animate mode moves the right hand/whatever you assigned that joint to.

Sorry if this isn't helpful, just trying to provide what insight I can.

I use MS3D, so sorry I can't be of more help.
:/

I wish I can model in milkshape, but I don't understand it at all.