Author Topic: do you ever think about how different this forum is from others?  (Read 1399 times)

i dunno if it's just me, but this forum has a really laid back atmosphere. it's a fairly small community, the rules are really lenient, and everyone seems to be really chill with each other.

and then i go look at other forums and they have really big rules sections and elaborate codes of conducts, swearing is discouraged, you don't feel like you can make jokes, and it just doesn't feel fun like this forum does.

has anyone else noticed this kind of thing on other forums?

man, this place gave me a really sick sense of humor and i love it. i'm going into highschool and people finally understand my jokes

ive tried going to other forums but it just doesn't work out you know, i'm used to it here

we have an interesting culture of jokes and attitude

probably why a lot of people frequent the forums

we have an interesting culture of jokes and attitude

probably why a lot of people frequent the forums

frequent is an understatement for me

one big happy dysfunctional family.  

man, this place gave me a really sick sense of humor and now all my friends hate me

yeah I've been on other forums and they all seem way too strict and boring

we should be like australia, get exiled from the internet and create our own nation on a small continent

I've noticed that other forums based around games are either tiny and just get spammed because nothing productive will get done
or are larger and strict and nothing really happens

we should be like australia, get exiled from the internet and create our own nation on a small continent
try and be like liberland? but maybe... blockland!

The only other forum I've been to had petty moderators that would go out of their way to find reasons to ban you, yet still playing favorites by not punishing certain users no matter how badly they screw up. It was a maximum security prison. It's been over 5 years since I last broke a rule on that forum, yet when I last logged in 7 months ago moderators and even some administrators were still swarming my profile as if I'm going to strike again. The site still exists, and it seems as though every post there is edited by a moderator for "impersonation" or "flaming," even if the user clearly did nothing wrong if I happened to see it before the staff got to it.

That website is why I tend to not sign up for forums, only lurk. The BLF is the only forum I actively post on out of fear any other forum is going to end up like the one I've described.

ive tried going to other forums but it just doesn't work out you know, i'm used to it here
yeah i've dabbled around on LTT and tom's hardware but it just feels so uptight and restricted. i don't know what i'll do if this forum ever gets shut down

yeah i've dabbled around on LTT and tom's hardware but it just feels so uptight and restricted. i don't know what i'll do if this forum ever gets shut down

someone'll make another one and we can all migrate there

one big happy dysfunctional family.  
lets form a sitcom