Author Topic: Stuck with stuffty router problems  (Read 801 times)

A few years ago my dad bought us a xfinity router that would go in my room, sometimes when it would be down i would try and diagnose the problem and fix it
but then today it decided to stop working completely
i would unplug the router, reset and plug in. the lights and stuff would flash on (this is some gay tg862 router made by Arris) and they would all be on.
Wifi would be accessible for some reason but I couldn't connect via ethernet. The wifi light would go off and I wouldn't be able to access the router's administrator panel (where you have to type the IP of the router to get to for port forwarding and whatnot) and I couldn't connect to the internet at all.
My dad and me are going to see if we can go to this place to get the router traded in for a working one, but it's Saturday so we might not be sure.
The worst part about this is that I cannot access steam on my computer but I can only access anything on my phone and macbook, because i am using my phone as a hotspot or some stuff
tl;dr my router doesnt want to connect to the internet and i loving hate xfinity
/discuss stuffty times with no internet

i'd also be completely okay with doing this if my macbook's screen was able to hook up to my monitor
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 02:02:28 AM by Maxxi »

You should try the AT&T NVG510. Every time you lose connection it hijacks the page you are on. "Redirect.ha" loving sucks, and subsequent visits to that page get hijacked even after your connection problems are fixed.

6 months ago my dad received a stock router from the ISP since the other one was breaking. Eventually it broke and I couldnt figure out why the wifi wasnt working at all. Didnt have internet for like a week since the family was too busy :c. Did get a new router that was 100x better, but I have to unplug it once in a while to prevent it from overheating/stuff.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 02:21:21 AM by Jonathant1 »

Didnt have internet for like a week since the family was too busy :c. Did get a new router that was 100x better, but I have to unplug it once in a while to prevent it from overheating/stuff.
uh
why did you edit my post
:I

uh
why did you edit my post
:I
Too tired. Went ahead and fixed it, thanks.

A few years ago my dad bought us a xfinity router that would go in my room
You mean a second one just for your room, or that that's just where all the internet equipment is?

when switching to new router I had to go two weeks with no internet
it was hard

So, what you're telling us is that you have a modem and router in one box, correct?

Hmmmm... It's odd that it wouldn't be able to let you into the admin page, does it by any chance have a usb port? Did it come with any instruction booklets, any documentation? Could you take a pic of the lights on the front and the back panel for cables? It might be something worth looking into troubleshooting.

You mean a second one just for your room, or that that's just where all the internet equipment is?
if i were to go into my room and take a picture, its just a small router with stufftons of cables connected in.
our router resides in my room