Author Topic: Procedural Terrain Generator v3 [Working on v3.1]  (Read 99941 times)

What happened here?:
-pic-
It doesnt look like anything loaded there but it still made room for it
That's just the Flat Area generation feature. If you want, you can choose to have some areas of terrain be flattened without the build being loaded on top - like if you want places to easily build on top of. That can be toggled though.

"Under 20,000 bricks"
Aw, I doubt my city I'm making is going to be under that, and with en 256 meters.
Would it be possible to make it so you can load just one really big build in and have land generated around it? (Iirc the city's width and legth may be like, 7 64x baseplates)

Can't wait to put the beta to the test as well.

"Under 20,000 bricks"
Aw, I doubt my city I'm making is going to be under that, and with en 256 meters.
Would it be possible to make it so you can load just one really big build in and have land generated around it? (Iirc the city's width and legth may be like, 7 64x baseplates)
The hard limits can be increased if necessary, I just set it to 20,000 bricks and 256 meters to prevent any potential issues, especially since you can allow other players to also upload their own builds. If y'all want me to increase it however let me know, but uploading / converting some of the larger builds could take about 30 minutes.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 12:27:44 AM by [GSF]Ghost »

perhaps you could have a warning that it will take a very very long time if you upload a big build but still allow it
and if possible be able to set a limit so other people can't upload large builds
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 01:13:28 AM by gr8dayseth »

is there a loading bar
if not you should do that

is there a loading bar
"ghosting"
most of the time if it attempts to load anything bricks are being generated and usually you can tell its "loading" by that message.

So if Taboo is now ban on sight, does that mean his testing spot is open or no?

"ghosting"
most of the time if it attempts to load anything bricks are being generated and usually you can tell its "loading" by that message.
Yes but it is not a true loading bar, more of a loading indicator.

maybe you could do edge falloff for all the saves / flat areas loaded, so there wouldnt be any random chunks of terrain appear to be missing.

perhaps you could have a warning that it will take a very very long time if you upload a big build but still allow it
and if possible be able to set a limit so other people can't upload large builds
A warning message would be a good idea. Also, the hard limits could be increased to say 50,000 bricks and 512 meters, would that work?

is there a loading bar
Yes but it is not a true loading bar, more of a loading indicator.
Builds are actually loaded gradually, relative to each chunk, so a loading bar wouldn't really be necessary. Like if ACM City is being loaded, one chunk will generate a small section of the build, then another chunk will generate another section, etc.

So if Taboo is now ban on sight, does that mean his testing spot is open or no?
His spot just got filled by another tester. =/

maybe you could do edge falloff for all the saves / flat areas loaded, so there wouldnt be any random chunks of terrain appear to be missing.
I'm not sure exactly what's causing openings in the adjacent sides of terrain, but I'll try to have that fixed or the following update. I did try adding an edge falloff for flat areas a few days ago, but it didn't turn out that well:
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 03:33:47 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

...It looks okayish to me, better than it being cut out of the cliffside...

Wait can the total area be 8x8 64x baseplates or is it just 8 64x baseplates?