Author Topic: Help me upgrade my PC  (Read 4131 times)

It can't be that bad. I'm running an Athlon II x64 and it gets the job done. No complaints.

i searche it up and it saysthe gtx 960 is better and just 40$ more?

OP, your processor is likely going to bottleneck that GPU.  I'd say you should save some money and do a complete upgrade.
I'm running an Athlon II x64 and it gets the job done. No complaints.
Doesn't mean it's awful in comparison to today's hardware.  Get your head out of 2006 (and your ass.)

It can't be that bad. I'm running an Athlon II x64 and it gets the job done. No complaints.
how about you use a processor from this millennium and you tell me what gets the job done

Sure, ship it to me. I have no need to buy a new one. (For now, at least)

there are a handful of decent, and affordable video cards that wont require a psu upgrade.

ie; 750ti dosnt even have power ports so it uses very little. sometimes a 960ti as they just have the 1 6pin power connector.

Im confused so what do you guys recommend thats compatible with my pc

whats your budget, and whats your power supply wattage?

Idk my budget would probabley be under 200$ and ho do i find my power supply?

its that box in there that the power cord is plugged into.

read the label on it, it should say. like 600w or 750w or whatever.
hopefully its not a 400w, that is common with comps that never had a video card, as that would be enough. but its a tough upgrade because you would then need to buy both a video card AND a bigger power supply.

Try removing it. Sometimes, the morons put the sticker on the side which is against the wall of your case.

its important to know the size of your power supply if you buy a video card. if its a small one, you cant use ANY video card that isnt rated for JUST the 75w from the pci-lane itself.

Try removing it. Sometimes, the morons put the sticker on the side which is against the wall of your case.
lol it is on the side but is there any software thatll tell me my power supply info

I seriously doubt said software exists. Your alternative would be to look up the PSU's model on the web and look at the specs.