Poll

What alignment would you like to see expanded in Mafia Madness? (elaboration appreciated)

The Innocents
15 (29.4%)
The Mafia
8 (15.7%)
Unaligned Good
2 (3.9%)
Unaligned Neutral
11 (21.6%)
Unaligned Evil
8 (15.7%)
Something else?? (elaborate in post)
7 (13.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Author Topic: Mafia Madness (too) [BETA] [OFFLINE] [Public Beta v2.2.1; Deathville v1.1.0]  (Read 25097 times)

hosting @mafia madnoodles

dunno, I actually started hosting and then fell asleep T_T

xot is hosting now tho
I was wondering where you went...

hosting @mafia madnoodles

Are you kidding me? I hate noodles! Why did you have to ruin this gamemode?

um, i need all this stuff like
weapon_tierpackage1

or weapon_shield

downloaded everything it says, any help?

EDIT: May have fixed it, checking tommorow

Revive!

EDIT: If I can get my filthy casual hands on something that isn't a touch device, I'll be hosting Mafia Madness!... For a short while, unfortunately.

What will it have, you ask? It might as well be anything.

Probably on 9:30 PM, GMT+3 (or +2, whatever is Athens time.)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 01:32:09 PM by Marios »

haven't been able to work on the map system, hospitalized while visiting a relative in north louisiana

so me trying to get better + being stuck here until flood waters recede = no progress

ugdfgdfgfg it stinks

For some reason I need Brick_PrintPlates, which apparently used to add the option to build on plates, which is now default. Is it be safe to remove them from the gamemode.cfg, or do I really need them?

if you remove them from the gamemode you'll probably have missing bricks in the afterlife

i think it also adds ceiling plates but that might be something else

if you remove them from the gamemode you'll probably have missing bricks in the afterlife

i think it also adds ceiling plates but that might be something else

If you mean the afterlife in the default save, I may replace all "Print Plates" with default later. Not because I'm lazy, I just have no access to any PC right now.

Celiling plates are added by Brick_Print_Icons. Or I may be wrong. Anyway, I'm absolutely certain Brick_PrintPlates only adds plates you can build on, being redudant as of sometime in late 2012 (according to a comment at it's RTB page, if you're wondering.

Well, ends up it was quite simple.

I went inside the save file and replaced every instance of "2x2F Print Plate" with "2x2F Print". It worked, the save file is now smaller (due to the removal of " Plate" from everywhere), and Brick_PrintPlates is no longer required.

Oh, and I also removed an unused, unreachable couch you had next to the afterlife area.

Here's a .zip with the updated save.bls and gamemode.txt.

I'd update the github repository directly, but I have no access.

Addendum: Hosting Mafia Madness! Come while I am available!
Really, it could have... anything inside.
[It's being hosted right now, come!]
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 04:09:12 PM by Marios »

Seriously no one ever hosts this they just keep their server up dedi and no admin ever comes on, and when they do they're only on for like, 30-50 minutes

Seriously no one ever hosts this they just keep their server up dedi and no admin ever comes on, and when they do they're only on for like, 30-50 minutes

I don't host dedi but nobody ever joins.
And when they do, they leave after 10 minutes, no matter what.