Mafia Madness (too) [BETA] [OFFLINE] [Public Beta v2.2.1; Deathville v1.1.0]

Poll

What alignment would you like to see expanded in Mafia Madness? (elaboration appreciated)

The Innocents
15 (29.4%)
The Mafia
8 (15.7%)
Unaligned Good
2 (3.9%)
Unaligned Neutral
11 (21.6%)
Unaligned Evil
8 (15.7%)
Something else?? (elaborate in post)
7 (13.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Author Topic: Mafia Madness (too) [BETA] [OFFLINE] [Public Beta v2.2.1; Deathville v1.1.0]  (Read 24906 times)

Mafia Madness: Rewritten
Mafia Maddles Returns
Mafia Madness Coded Again But This Time Better

(feel free to suggest names please)

hello i am ottosparks bringing you some EXCITING NEWS!!!
[]----[]'s mafia madness is a dearly beloved gamemode, but it's kinda hard to host and kinda hard to modify, so i'm gona try and solve BOTH and add some stuff of my own along the way!

this is not just any old MM edit! i'm completely re-coding mafia madness in a completely different way! but to you, that shouldn't matter, because the gameplay is untouched! this means it's the same pyramid, the same roles, and the same rules. to the end user, the game will play the same as the original MM, but server hosts and modders will have a bit of an easier time getting around the gamemode. this means a better structure, a better backbone, and a base that's expandable, meaning more freedom for people to make awesome servers based on an awesome gamemode.

in addition, i hope to add some neat things such as an (optional) MM client mod that replaces the HUD with something a bit more appropriate and specific. i also hope to add tools in order to make administration a bit easier, since this is a gamemode that relies so heavily on its players conforming to the rules and expectations during play.

but this isn't an easy task! it needs to be tested, it needs to be built, and of course, it needs to be played! as of right now, the game is playable and functional, but not quite complete. there are some things missing, and they'll have to be added in as the project moves forward.

i'd like to hear from modders who might be interested in expanding MM to see what kind of things i should account for.

Checklist:
+Basic Functionality: ☑
+Corpse Handling and Examinaiton: ☑
+Day/Night Cycle: ☑
+Afterlife and Spectating: ☑
+Local Chat Modes: ☑
+starfish Commands: ☑
+Gamemode System: ☑
+Guns and Ammo: ☑
+Various Commands: ☑

+Basic Inno/Maf Roles: ☑
+Abductor Role: ☑
+Fingerprint Expert Role: ☑
+Crazy Role: ☑
+Cop Role: ☑
+Ventriloquist Role: ☑
+Godfather Role: ☑
+Cop Variants: ☑
   -Paranoid: ☑
   -Naive: ☑
   -Insane: ☑
   -Devil: ☑
+Miller Role: ☑

+Jailer Role: ☐ (unused/unfinished in original MM)
+Yakuza Role: ☐ (unused/unfinished in original MM)
+The Law: ☑ (joke role)
+Bubble Buddy: ☑
+The Clown: ☑ (joke role)
+Amnesiac: ☑
+Spy: ☑
+Traitor: ☑ (unused; bad role for MM)
+Jester: ☑
+JOHN CENA: ☑ (joke role)
+Cult: ☑
   -Cult Leader: ☑
   -Cultist: ☑
   -Reviver Cultist+Zombie Cultist: ☑
+Alarmist: ☑

+Afterlife Spawn Brick: ☑
+Abduction Dumpster Brick: ☑
+Rebalanced Gamemode: ☑
+Revised Rules: ☑
+GUI Hooks: ☐
+Administration Tools: ☑ (added a few)
+Improved Gamemode System: ☑
   -Old Gamemodes Ported: ☑
+Gamemode Voting: ☑
+Effective Expansion Method: ☑
+Reputation Expansion: ☑
+Deathville, USA: ☑
+other things??? suggest away...: ☐

we really need this to be tested heavily before release, so come and visit the server if you want to play! note that i can't guarantee things won't break hilariously at random!

GitHub Repository

Public Beta Release
Day cycle (required)
Joke Gamemodes Expansion
Original Gamemodes Expansion
Music Files
Eval Loader Expansion
Reputation Expansion
Deathville, USA Gamemode
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 02:22:22 PM by otto-san »

omg wtf u stol brkts' gamemod ur a monstr im sueing u

this is excitin!!! i hope a lot of new gamemodes stem from this since that was probably the most lacking part in the original

cop role added and functional

do you need any models?

i'll be glad to make some

do you need any models?

i'll be glad to make some
at this point i'm not sure what i would need them for but if you had ideas i'm open to them

new revolvers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just finished coding the ventriloquist and godfather roles. both are ready for testing later today!

new revolvers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
nooooo use the original revolvers.

Also yay no more typing out a hundred console commands to make the game functional.

nooooo use the original revolvers.

Also yay no more typing out a hundred console commands to make the game functional.
but i made the original ones, i just wanna remodel them :(
no gay ass revolver cylinder thing crap

I'm almost done with the arcade game for the dead players, uses all default events
Also I got banned last night because I was Crazy and thought it was a mafia class, and because of it I accidentally went on an RDM spree

I'm almost done with the arcade game for the dead players, uses all default events
Also I got banned last night because I was Crazy and thought it was a mafia class, and because of it I accidentally went on an RDM spree
yeah crazy is a maf class; arma banned you cus you killed another mafia

it was the last round though and wasn't meant to be taken seriously, i'll unban you

also the cop variants (paranoid, naive, insane) and miller are now also ready for testing!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 08:30:27 PM by otto-san »

hosting again

first thing is testing:
godfather
ventriloquist
cop variants
miller

did u fix the bug i sent you

Did it just shut down? I just saw this post go to [ONLINE] and I see it on the server list with --- ping

hi