Author Topic: My dad has a ruptured disk in his neck.  (Read 1365 times)

A few years ago, my dad, sister, and I were in a pretty bad car wreck. We were driving across a 4 lane bridge when the sun blinded my dad and the car flipped over the median onto the other side of the bridge. The car was totaled. Luckily, my sister and I were fine, but the airbags did not deploy out of the steering wheel and my dad broke his sternum. My dad has had on and off mild chest pains since. However, in this past month or so, his chest pains have gotten extremely bad, to where he calls it the worst pain he's ever felt in his life. Well, yesterday, he got an MRI and found out that he has a ruptured disk in his neck.

What does this mean for him? How can it be fixed? Is he gonna be alright?

one of the spinal disks was fractured, it is replaceable with an artificial disk
he should be fine with some minor complications

this is what I assuming of course from the information you gave

stuff, was it DVD or Blu-Ray?

stuff, was it DVD or Blu-Ray?
I would love to watch movies with my neck..

It probably is possible to have it fixed, since of today's technology. Problem is, it would cost lots of money since the amount of people want so much now.

I would love to watch movies with my neck..

It probably is possible to have it fixed, since of today's technology. Problem is, it would cost lots of money since the amount of people want so much now.
we've had the technology to correct this for over 40 years wtf are you talking about

I know a dude who broke his neck and ruptured 2 disks, he's doing fine

Don't worry too much

we've had the technology to correct this for over 40 years wtf are you talking about
Whoops, my brain had a malfunction there. I forgot this isn't the 1600s.

one of the spinal disks was fractured, it is replaceable with an artificial disk
he should be fine with some minor complications

this is what I assuming of course from the information you gave
Do you know what any of these complications are?

silly goose, disks go into the x-box not neck

I read disk as richard
Ohgod

Do you know what any of these complications are?
back problems mostly, they are easily livable with

It can be replaced with titanium disks or immobilized to naturally heal. The latter is the cheapest, the most painful and longest treatment. The former is the most reliable treatment. Knowing the US of A, you will go bankrupt with it and have fun with airport guards when passing security checks.

It can be replaced with titanium disks or immobilized to naturally heal. The latter is the cheapest, the most painful and longest treatment. The former is the most reliable treatment. Knowing the US of A, you will go bankrupt with it and have fun with airport guards when passing security checks.
He already has 10 screws and 3 steel plates in his foot.

Then some more metal wouldn't hurt.

Then some more metal wouldn't hurt.
actually it probably will hurt to an extent